ES Materials Needed

Started by JC004, August 26, 2011, 10:22:06 PM

JC004

So I am working on two projects: collecting all my old ES resources from various hard drives of mine, and putting together items that were being worked on during FW's National CC campaign (in an attempt to see how many I can get implemented despite the vote).

I've consolidated most of my thousands of files for ES-related items and finally have them all in one place (or ALMOST all).  I have not yet begun converting paper documents back to electronic formats due to time constraints.  (I had a huge data loss a while back, resulting in me only having paper copies of some things like my ES Scenarios binder and Public Affairs Course)

I've moved most of the ES materials from my FW campaign files over to the consolidated folder - meaning I have fresh ideas that people submitted more recently, or we developed in the course of the campaign (for example, I've been working on a smartphone app which includes all task guides, reference materials, and other ES stuff).

Now that I have a big ol' folder of all of that, I'm seeking out ES materials from people.  That includes:

• Exercise materials - ESPECIALLY operations orders, operations plans, controller materials, etc. (controller materials are especially important because this is not commonly done in CAP)
  • Member resource stuff like cheat sheets on how to get started in ES
  • CAP ES-related websites, or pages/sections on region/wing/unit websites
  • Scenario stuff!
  • How-to stuff on running exercises
  • Supplemental training materials/reference materials not found in the national stuff
  • relevant OIs, supplements, etc.
  • stuff that is innovative, new, neat, interesting, helpful, etc.  I am trying to compile to best possible resource collection for ES and offer it up for everyone to use.

I think that people will be pleased with the resources that I compile, but I need help and as many samples as possible!  Help me help you all with what I've collected and am working on for everyone.  This stuff will all be published locally (but accessible to all) and hopefully some will be adopted by National and the like.

JC004

Getting OPORDs and stuff e-mailed but no controller stuff still.   :'(

Anyone for controller stuff?  I am still looking for the other stuff too but it seems no matter WHO I ask, nobody has anything.  I know that and some of the other stuff I am looking for isn't commonly used in CAP, but that's why I'm looking.  I want to compile a really great set of resources for people to be able to run the best possible exercises.

I do appreciate what people have sent, though!  Really!  (just looking for more)

If you don't have my e-mail, just PM first and I will tell you where to send attachments.

Control materials?  Please?   :(  Can't believe nobody I've asked has any.  Does anyone other than CAP-USAF use controllers?  It's the way to go!!

I'm trying to execute as many of the things I had planned for post-CAP CC election as possible, even if they are published locally or unofficially as member resources.

Still do want other stuff!  Just send and I will keep collecting.  We will begin publishing stuff soon!

Eclipse

We're rocking Apps for shared docs, messaging, and status board for the eval, will take some time to get things documented and
standardized, but it's light years ahead of anything we've done in the past.

About doggone time, too.

"That Others May Zoom"

JC004

Eclipse

The only ones that matter - the artistic works of Page and Brin...

"That Others May Zoom"

JC004

Do what for a status board?

Eclipse

The primary situation display is Google earth with objects and positions being placed via a shared spreadsheet that drives a .kmz - all shared
in real-time (5 min auto refresh on the projected displays) to anyone who needs to see it.

The .kmz can be displayed via Earth or Maps, and we're using both depending on the need.

The master task and sortie status is a shared spreadsheet with all manner of conditional formatting, automatic clocks for check ins, etc.
Again, shared all over the place and edited / viewed as needed.

Additional tabs on this spreadsheet are for general AOBD and GBD which show info such as team composition, weather, and general mission information.

The ICP projects and displays as needed, and of course we can all watch what we want, from the field or on our phones and tablets.

In the main work area where the BD's, OSC, and comms are, we're projecting for all to see.  Using "TAB Slideshow Plus" for Chrome, with the docs set to "compact controls / full screen", we rotated through 2 status boards and the situation map continually for all to see.

The various boards and displays were referenced in FLOP meetings making things much quicker and easier.

There is no way for the boards or info to ever be out of sync because we are all working and viewing the same docs in real time.  We probably had 20-30
people working them and never stressed anything (including ourselves).

Thing.
Of.
Beauty.

"That Others May Zoom"

JC004

I have to figure out how to do this.  I was playing with something yesterday but Tubacap said that he found what he needed, so I went back to working on the mobile app.  This sounds a lot like what I was trying to do.

Maybe I can set up a tutorial for such a thing in my resource set.  I can probably knock this out faster than the mobile app because I need some practice with mobile development.  I have only developed one Android app before.

Eclipse

The most awesome part was that the only thing we needed was a browser and bandwidth, which we had plenty of in multiple forms.

No servers, no special setup, no complicated software, just off-the-shelf stuff that works as expected.

"That Others May Zoom"