Written orders

Started by RiverAux, January 01, 2007, 02:48:03 PM

afgeo4

I believe USAF Officers aren't eligible for BAS... there is a per-diem based on locality.
GEORGE LURYE

Dragoon

Nope, they get BAS. $187.49 a month as of Jan 07

Dragoon

Quote from: wingnut on January 03, 2007, 05:31:48 AM
Now thats the problem with CAP when the recruiting officer has not a clue as to what the regs are and the fact that if your killed on a corporate mission your screwed (well your dead so your family is screwed). . .

Well, you are slightly better off than if you died outside of CAP.  All your personal insurance still applies.  But it's not like CAP is going to make your family rich if you die on a corporate mission.

Individual MOUs with organzations we do corporate missions for often cover insurance.  For example, many state MOUs cover CAP'ers with some sort of state coverage when doing corporate missions for the state.

My plan is not to die.  Ever.   ;)

Hotel 179

Quote from: Dragoon on January 03, 2007, 08:09:15 PM

My plan is not to die.  Ever.   ;)

My plan is to go like my grandpaw did....quiet, in his sleep.  Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Gotta go.....
Stephen Pearce, Capt/CAP
FL 424
Pensacola, Florida

Al Sayre

I plan to be shot by a jealous husband at the age of 110 as I jump out of his 20 yr old wifes window...  >:D;D :D
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

SarDragon

Quote from: Al Sayre on January 04, 2007, 12:46:54 AM
I plan to be shot by a jealous husband at the age of 110 as I jump out of his 20 yr old wifes window...  >:D;D :D

Would that be before or after breaking both hips?  >:D
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

RiverAux

QuoteMy plan is to go like my grandpaw did....quiet, in his sleep.  Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Fess up, I just heard a comedian use that one not long ago...who was it?

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: Al Sayre on January 04, 2007, 12:46:54 AM

110 years old and shot by the jealous husband of a 20-year old... and with my dying gasp have to ask:  "Which one?" ;D
Another former CAP officer

Hotel 179

Quote from: RiverAux on January 04, 2007, 01:21:02 AM

Fess up, I just heard a comedian use that one not long ago...who was it?

Hey RA,

I don't make this stuff up, I just pass it on :D
Stephen Pearce, Capt/CAP
FL 424
Pensacola, Florida

afgeo4

Quote from: Dragoon on January 03, 2007, 08:05:03 PM
About.com states $192.74 for officers.  USAF officers used to get per diem in lieu of BAS.  I see it is no longer the case.
GEORGE LURYE

SarDragon

Quote from: afgeo4 on January 04, 2007, 07:01:45 AM
Quote from: Dragoon on January 03, 2007, 08:05:03 PM
About.com states $192.74 for officers.  USAF officers used to get per diem in lieu of BAS.  I see it is no longer the case.

All of my numbers came straight from the DFAS site. I consider any other source secondary, and possibly suspect. 

$187.49 is the 1/1/06 rate; $192.74 is the 1/1/07 rate.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

SAR-EMT1

BUMP ... I think this topic bears revisiting.
Might even see a national standard come of it, with the new Commander and all.

Question: does IOWA have a formal procedure for this? - maybe something put together by the Guard for your use?
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

RogueLeader

Last orders from Iowa that I had was back in April, but the Orders came in from the Wing Commander on Wing letterhead that was addressed to all Iowa Wing  CAP Officers.  It went and stated that we are activated by <insert agency> on <insert mission #>.  Next cited Iowa Law about the Mandatory LOA.  Following that, it stated that all questions be directed to Lt. Col. Critelli. Then it stated that the Order was active until it was rescinded.  Lastly, it was signed by the Wing CC.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

wingnut

we need a  national policy also, the CAP should "ALWAYS" reimburse their members for an Overnight stay on any AFAM, with permission of course.

Wings that can provide a ready crew with 2 hours notice will enhance Homeland security*****

This can only be done if CAP follows the lead of several States and ask for 'Military Leave benifits and protection for CAP members on an AfAM. A FEDERAL REGULATION.

BlueLakes1

Indiana now has a statue giving employment protections to CAP. Too bad I actually work in Kentucky.

A policy granting reimbursement to "any" AFAM isn't feasable. Remember, "B" missions are AFAMs, and we still pay for them. Also, if we were to fund billeting out of our SAREX training budget, we'd have no money left for fuel.
Col Matthew Creed, CAP
GLR/CC

wingnut

Nobody expects billeting on a sarex, that is not authorized anyway, what is authorized is Government perdiem on an AFAM  SAR. That comes out of USAF funding.
CAPHQ must approve it and they have not in the PAST ????? so it begs the question; Has the USAF told CAP that they will not reimburse CAP members for Perdiem while on an Official USAF mission?? if this is true it is in violation of US GOVT regulations. Because as a former Government employee if your on a tdy you "Must" be reimbursed at the rate for that area. When a CAP member is assigned to a AFAM they are considered a Government employee, getting paid a salary has nothing to do with paying for expenses out of pocket.

I wonder what would happen if all the CAP members who have paid for overnight missions out of pocket asked to be reimbursed??

But that will never happen, we don't have a CAP union, or Managers who really care, thats why National still only carries $10,000 life insurance for us getting killed on a non AFAM, $10,000 is what they paid if you got killed 70 years ago. If someone failed to enter your name in WIMRS you get zip.

JohnKachenmeister

Wing can issue an MSA, which is sort of like "Orders."

When I commanded a squadron, I had a set of orders on my word processer that I could issue if somebody needed them for work.

Another former CAP officer

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on November 23, 2007, 12:21:10 PM
Wing can issue an MSA, which is sort of like "Orders."

When I commanded a squadron, I had a set of orders on my word processer that I could issue if somebody needed them for work.

Do you still have a copy we could use as a template?

Second: Ive heard about MSA, here and on other topics, but never actually seen one.  What is it exactly?
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

isuhawkeye

An MSA is a military support authorization.  It is a documented by the USAF side of CAP/USAF.  The liaison officers approve CAP members for military support.  These are generally put together when you are working or staying on a military installation, or when you are flying on military aircraft.

Earlier someone asked for a copy of an Iowa activation order.  I am trying to find one that does not FOUO stuff on it.  I will post as soon as I find one

mikeylikey

Would would be FOUO on a CAP Activation order?  Social #?  Just curious. 
What's up monkeys?