achievement award

Started by coudano, April 04, 2012, 03:43:53 AM

coudano

have you guys ever seen a certificate for the achievement award,
like the one given for the other similar awards (commander's commendation)

I have only seen a couple of achievement awards given, and I don't think they had certificates...

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Huey Driver

With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

coudano

is that the 'certificate of achievement' from commander's corner?

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

My wing DA always kept a stock and they have the wide format printer.

I think they have to be ordered by wing or higher.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

They used to be on the online Form 8, but I  no longer have access to be able to check.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

ßτε

CAPC 13 Level One Certificate of Achievement is used when a member completes Level I.

CAPC 18 Achievement Award (available at the Region/Wing/Group levels) is the used for the Achievement Award as described in CAPR 39-3.

Each is available to those with appropriate permissions in the CAP Materials application (formerly online CAPF 8).

Private Investigator

I believe the Achievement Award came out in 2009. I read about it back then and a week later I saw people wearing them already. But going to other Squadrons in the past month a lot of them still do not know anything about it.

James Shaw

Quote from: coudano on April 04, 2012, 04:20:20 AM
is that the 'certificate of achievement' from commander's corner?

The Certificate of Achievement is a local certificate that does not require group approval, it is similar to the Certificate of Appreciation.

The Achievement Award is different in that it requires atleast group level approval (if you dont have groups that Wing CC) and a form 120 to be filled out and approved.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

JeffDG

Quote from: Private Investigator on April 04, 2012, 09:28:54 AM
I believe the Achievement Award came out in 2009. I read about it back then and a week later I saw people wearing them already. But going to other Squadrons in the past month a lot of them still do not know anything about it.
I just wrote up some folks for this Achievement Awards last month, and yes, we had certificates for presentation and everything.

They're a great award...approved by the Group/CC, so you can recognize people more quickly than something that goes to Wing.  IMHO they should be more common, just need to let people know about them, I guess.

davedove

Quote from: JeffDG on April 04, 2012, 11:50:11 AM
Quote from: Private Investigator on April 04, 2012, 09:28:54 AM
I just wrote up some folks for this Achievement Awards last month, and yes, we had certificates for presentation and everything.

They're a great award...approved by the Group/CC, so you can recognize people more quickly than something that goes to Wing.  IMHO they should be more common, just need to let people know about them, I guess.

Yeah, this was a good new award for squadron level.  We're given out some at our squadron.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

James Shaw

Quote from: davedove on April 04, 2012, 01:00:49 PM
[Yeah, this was a good new award for squadron level.  We're given out some at our squadron.

I think this is one of the better ones to use because it allows for faster response, which allows faster recognition closer to the event that triggered the award.
Jim Shaw

Pylon

Quote from: caphistorian on April 04, 2012, 01:55:23 PM
I think this is one of the better ones to use because it allows for faster response, which allows faster recognition closer to the event that triggered the award.

And it provides good recognition for people who work on great projects or accomplish things for CAP that may not otherwise be considered for CommComm's because the scope of impact is at the squadron level.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

James Shaw

Quote from: Pylon on April 04, 2012, 02:02:27 PM
Quote from: caphistorian on April 04, 2012, 01:55:23 PM

And it provides good recognition for people who work on great projects or accomplish things for CAP that may not otherwise be considered for CommComm's because the scope of impact is at the squadron level.

Completly agree.  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Jim Shaw

capmaj

In answer to the original question................ Simply ask your Wing Administrator to send for them from NHQ. I don't believe they are 'downloadable'.

coudano

And (ideally) it should increase the prestige of the commander's commendation
as that award should now not be handed out for things that aren't really deserving of it
as had been the case in some times and places in the past

MIKE

Agreed, the one flaw I see though is a bottleneck for wings without groups where the Achievement Award gets pushed up to wing with the Commanders Commendations.  Not sure I would push it down to the squadron though, to be handed out like candy by an unscrupulous commander.  Maybe make it so the unit commander has to be at least a Maj for awarding authority... taking cues from the USCG here.

Mike Johnston

lordmonar

Quote from: MIKE on April 04, 2012, 05:45:42 PM
Agreed, the one flaw I see though is a bottleneck for wings without groups where the Achievement Award gets pushed up to wing with the Commanders Commendations.  Not sure I would push it down to the squadron though, to be handed out like candy by an unscrupulous commander.  Maybe make it so the unit commander has to be at least a Maj for awarding authority... taking cues from the USCG here.

If you don't trust your squadron commanders to use good judgment to award the CAP Acheivement Award.....why are they commanders?
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

MIKE

I don't trust that wing will award it either... that's the problem.  It either gets handed out like candy, or you don't get nutt'n.
Mike Johnston