US collar insignia on blues?

Started by etc, November 08, 2011, 04:28:39 AM

etc

I'm a new SM 1 mth in and still trying to get everything figured out so forgive me if this post is redundant

I've heard rumors off an on that the US collar insignia is authorized for wear on Dress Blues for 2LT and up.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks

Eclipse

Senior Member Officers, 2d Lt. or higher, do not wear any collar insignia (cutouts) on either blues or whites.

Senior and cadet members without grade wear highly polished metal CAP cutouts on both sides of shirt collar (blues only).

The "US" cutouts are only worn on the service coat of the USAF-Style uniform.

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

Quote from: Eclipse on November 08, 2011, 04:34:17 AM
Senior Member Officers, 2d Lt. or higher, do not wear any collar insignia (cutouts) on either blues or whites.

Senior and cadet members without grade wear highly polished metal CAP cutouts on both sides of shirt collar (blues only).

He wasn't asking about the Service Uniform Bob. Dress Blues is another name for Service Dress.
And yes you do wear the US insignia on the Coat on the Service Dress Uniform.

etc

Thank you for the clarification and I probably could a bit more descriptive in saying that I was wondering about the dress coat.

cheers

ßτε

Just to make sure we are all clear, on the Service Coat, senior members in officer grades, including flight officer grades, wear the U.S. insignia on the lapel. Those in NCO grades or those without grade wear the CAP insignia in the lapel.

As for cadets, C/AB and cadet officers wear the CAP insignia and all other cadets wear their grade insignia on the lapel.

QuoteLapel Insignia: Highly polished U.S. insignia worn by senior member officers; highly polished CAP insignia worn by senior member NCOs and Airmen and senior members without grade.

Eclipse

Quote from: PHall on November 08, 2011, 05:07:08 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on November 08, 2011, 04:34:17 AM

He wasn't asking about the Service Uniform Bob. Dress Blues is another name for Service Dress.
And yes you do wear the US insignia on the Coat on the Service Dress Uniform.

The thing around your neck on a shirt is called a "collar", the lower thingies on a suit jacket are called "lapels".
Everything I posted is 100% correct, and in most cases a brand new SM is going to be asking about what CAP
refers to as the "Minimum Basic Uniform" (i.e. the shirt), not a service coat.

"That Others May Zoom"

spacecommand

CAPM 39-1 and supplemental ICL's are your friend.

Flight Officers and 2dLt and Higher:
Light blue shirt both long and short sleeve-> no US cutouts on collars
Blues service jacket - > US cutouts on lapels
US cutouts are not required for any other coat/jacket (eg all weather, lightweight)

Corporate white shirt with gray slacks -> no US cutouts on collars

Senior Members (SM) without grade
Light blue shirt both long and short sleeve-> CAP cutouts on collars 
Blues service jacket -> CAP cutouts on lapels (when wearing service jacket, do not wear cutouts on collars of light blue shirt)
Cardigan Sweater -> wear CAP cutouts on light blue shirt collars
AF Pullover sweater -> wear CAP cutouts on light blue shirt collars
Lightweight jacket -> wear CAP cutouts on jacket collars
All weather coat -> wear CAP cutouts on coat collars
Raincoat -> wear CAP cutouts on coat collars
Overcoat -> wear CAP cutouts on coat collars

Corporate white shirt with gray slacks -> no CAP cutouts on collars

Not going to mention the CSU since the phase out is in Jan.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: spacecommand on November 11, 2011, 07:51:46 PM
CAPM 39-1 and supplemental ICL's are your friend.

Looks like our only "friend" uniform wise since National doesn't seem to want to publish an updated, definitive 39-1.

I envision us eventually having more pages of ICL's than pages in the 39-1 itself.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011