Mission Aircrew Reference Text

Started by GaryVC, April 19, 2019, 06:47:15 PM

GaryVC

The Mission Aircrew Reference Text is nearly 12 years old. Is there anything that is as comprehensive and is also significantly more up to date than this publication? For those who haven't looked at it recently it is here:
http://www.cap-es.net/nesa%20mas/mart%20rev%201%20jun07.pdf

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

etodd

Quote from: Eclipse on April 19, 2019, 07:02:04 PM

Everything else here: http://nesa.cap.gov/mas-curriculum-2

Don't use the Airborne Photography Guide on the NESA Page. It's the old 2011 version that is very outdated. I've emailed folks for three years asking for the newer 2014 version to be linked instead, but hey,  that's how it goes. LOL
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

husker

Who have you emailed?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
Deputy Director, National Emergency Services Academy
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

etodd

Quote from: husker on April 19, 2019, 08:19:34 PM
Who have you emailed?

It was probably a year ago that I filled out the Contact Form on that website for the last time.

The CAWG and a few others have the 2013 version online.

However at this point even the 2013 version is woefully in need of updates.  The last couple APs that I signed off, we just had to "wing it" for a few areas, while I taught them a few updates seperately from the SQTR sheets. LOL

Here is the 2013 Task Guide:

http://www.tuscaloosacap.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/AirbornePhotographerTaskGuideMay13r1.pdf

Maybe you can get the NESA webmaster to swap it out. 

The 2017 "Reference Text" is linked lower on the page at NESA. But the Task Guide at the top of the page is the bad one.

GaryVC

Thanks for the updated version (link). We need to get the old one off of the internet.

etodd

Quote from: GaryVC on April 19, 2019, 09:59:18 PM
Thanks for the updated version (link). We need to get the old one off of the internet.

I just updated my post while you were typing to add the latest version of the Task Guide. The NESA page does have the latest REFERENCE GUIDE linked lower on the page. Which is different than the Task Guide.

Its all confusing to new members LOL

husker

Send me an email of what exactly needs to be replaced. I do recall some traffic a few months ago about size limitations on our web hosting service, and it's resultant  inability to host some files (I think aircrew curriculum) . We're in the process of moving hosting soon.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

etodd

Quote from: husker on April 19, 2019, 10:07:17 PM
Send me an email of what exactly needs to be replaced.

Don't have your email, but the link above to the 2013 AP Task Guide is the latest one.  Thanks.

husker

Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

etodd