DONT KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS "HERE WE GO AGAIN"

Started by RAZOR, July 25, 2009, 07:47:59 PM

Pumbaa

Quote from: ZigZag911 on July 30, 2009, 04:26:59 AM
Or is this more about someone wanting the National CC suspended, for whatever reason?
BINGO!!!  Can you say agenda????  Sure you can....

CAPSGT

The way I read it, I don't think the author is necessarily trying to go after the national commander.  I see it more as going after the NLO in an attempt to keep things by the book, which was one of the things General Courter seems to have been really pushing from the start.
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

FW

^I think that is an excellent read on the letter.  There seems to be a conflict between the CAP Constitution and some things which transpired since the winter NB meeting.  Some members of the NB want to solve the conflicts. Some don't care about the conflicts.  Some think there are no conflicts.  I just want to dirink my coffee and eat my donuts.... ;D

BillB

Drinking coffee while on CAPTalk is dangerous to your keyboard
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

ZigZag911

Quote from: Pumbaa on July 30, 2009, 08:03:53 AM
Quote from: ZigZag911 on July 30, 2009, 04:26:59 AM
Or is this more about someone wanting the National CC suspended, for whatever reason?
BINGO!!!  Can you say agenda????  Sure you can....

The question remaining is "who" and why"????

FW

The NB is working some internal issues out right now.  You all will hear of something if anything comes of it.  Why the "letter" was made public is anyone's guess however, this is still an "internal" NB issue which will be resolved by the NB. 

jimmydeanno

Sounds like there is a leak somewhere.  Time for a mole hunt?  >:D
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Spike

Quote from: FW on July 30, 2009, 06:42:07 PM
The NB is working some internal issues out right now.  You all will hear of something if anything comes of it. 

It would be nice to hear that "nothing came out of it" also.  Since we already know there is something going on, letting us know it was nothing would be the right thing to do!

I don't really care one way or another.  We should stop speculating, and let it play out on its own.  Until News of the Force picks up on it, it probably isn't true!!

Gunner C

I would be VERY surprised if anything came out of it.  I've spent some time with Gen Courter - she's the genuine article.  It's too bad that someone didn't have the integrity to keep an internal memo confidential.

BrandonKea

Quote from: Gunner C on July 30, 2009, 11:53:01 PM
I would be VERY surprised if anything came out of it.  I've spent some time with Gen Courter - she's the genuine article.  It's too bad that someone didn't have the integrity to keep an internal memo confidential.

Agreed. I've never met the General, but several officers in my unit have. She's very down to earth and has a genuine concern for the CAP as a whole.

The fact that the OP and this thread has been allowed to live are confusing, but I guess nobody ever killed the Pineda threads either. Most everyone on here complains about how rumors are killing the organization, yet here we are seemingly putting gas on a fire...
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

RRLE

How did the email even get out to the "general public"?

Before it appeared here, it appeared on CAP ETE Insights.

Fubar

I think it was News of the Force that reported this had something to do with travel expenditures and that is what little more than a clerical error - national board members were expensing travel from the same budget the general did but the bookkeepers were unaware.

Money missing from a travel budget is worth investigating, hopefully the explanation provided by News of the Force is accurate in that there was no malfeasance. I can live with honest mistakes.

FW

^I'll rephrase my previous post (for effect  >:D )
This is an internal NB issue.  That this letter became public is very unfortunate and, does show a lack of responsibility in the "culprit".

I don't think it is appropriate to mention the details however, as the NLO said, there were no findings of Fraud Waste or Abuse.

There is no truth to the travel expense issue.  Individual NEC members have their own travel budgets (CAP/FM has accounting staff to keep track of this) and there were absolutely no mistakes made from Gen. Courter nor FM.  Other NB members get subsidies for NB meetings from CAP and, this is also a segrataged line item in the budget.  This is something I have absolute knowledge about and am happy to share this (unrelated to the topic) fact.

JohnKachenmeister

Gen. Courter is from Michigan.

How do we know the National IG's investigation didn't turn up Jimmy Hoffa's body in her freezer?

I mean... Check out the time line:

1.  Jimmy Hoffa disappears.

2.  Courter becomes Michigan Wing commander.

3.  HWSRN disappears.

4.  Courter becomes National commander.

Coincidence?  I think NOT!   >:D
Another former CAP officer

BillB

Has anyone seen Kach lately? Gen Courter was in Florida, and Kach seems to have disappeared. And there was a black van seen headed north from Patrick AFB area
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

BuckeyeDEJ

Quote from: BillB on July 31, 2009, 10:43:12 AM
Has anyone seen Kach lately? Gen Courter was in Florida, and Kach seems to have disappeared. And there was a black van seen headed north from Patrick AFB area

It was a white 15-pax van with the rear seat removed, from what my sources told me.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

FW

Quote from: Spike on July 30, 2009, 07:36:10 PM
Quote from: FW on July 30, 2009, 06:42:07 PM
The NB is working some internal issues out right now.  You all will hear of something if anything comes of it. 

It would be nice to hear that "nothing came out of it" also.  Since we already know there is something going on, letting us know it was nothing would be the right thing to do!

I don't really care one way or another.  We should stop speculating, and let it play out on its own.  Until News of the Force picks up on it, it probably isn't true!!

The issue is now DOA.  The NB has decided the issue has been decided by the IG and BOG.  It's time to move on and get with the business of dealing with the real issues of CAP.  :clap:

JohnKachenmeister

Another former CAP officer

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

JC004