Main Menu

Merry Christmas 2008

Started by JAFO78, December 24, 2008, 01:06:11 PM

RickFranz

From snowy Kansas, Merry Christmas and a happy New Year one and all.
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

SJFedor

Quote from: phirons on December 25, 2008, 12:35:44 AM
Quote from: Stonewall on December 24, 2008, 10:13:58 PM
Just think, Col Santa has already visited several hundred countries already...

I got nuthin.

I would think running a world wide servce would rate at least 1 star  ;D

I'd say he's an AEF commander, so I think that's worth a few stars.

Merry christmas everyone!!!

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

tjaxe

And for all of us Jewish kids out there -- Happy Hanukkah!!!!!! and Happy all kinds of holidays!!!!!!

xoxo to our soldiers / sailors / marines / coasties!!!!!

- Tracey, Captain
Public Affairs Officer, Professional Development, Logistics: NER-PA-160

JROB

Happy Holiday's From the Memphis Area (It was Sunny and 70 degree's today...maybe tomarrow we'll get snow)
http://www.afblues.com/?p=684

Maj. Jason Robinson
Squadron Commander, Desoto Composite Squadron
SER-MS-096

"If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life"-Igor Sikorsky

Eclipse

To all my friends on CAP Talk - the most opinionated, misinformed, legalistic, argumentative people in the Civil Air Patrol - the most joyous season's greetings and thoughts for a safe, prosperous New Year.

A raised glass to ambiguous regulations, inconsistent training, and the "Chief Experience".

I wouldn't have it any other way!
   ;D

"That Others May Zoom"

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on December 24, 2008, 04:15:48 PM
BTW does anyone know if Santa's sleigh is equipped with one of those new 406 mhz ELT's or is he still using one of the older ones that transmit on 121.5 mhz?  ;D
RM

Not sure of the make, but he does have a transponder!

JoeTomasone

My first official "Merry Christmas" from CAP came in the form of a UDF mission at 0130hrs.  :)

121/243 EPIRB, we tracked it to a boatyard that is closed until Monday.    Fortunately, AFRCC decided that it could be pursued in the AM.   :)

Happy holidays to all. 

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: JoeTomasone on December 25, 2008, 08:37:46 AM
My first official "Merry Christmas" from CAP came in the form of a UDF mission at 0130hrs.  :)

121/243 EPIRB, we tracked it to a boatyard that is closed until Monday.    Fortunately, AFRCC decided that it could be pursued in the AM.   :)

Happy holidays to all. 

Same thing happened to me last year, except it came at 0630, lasted till 2200, and involved a 3 hour trip to the other side of the state.  I'm hoping nothing similar happens this year!

JAFO78

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on December 25, 2008, 09:10:22 AM
Quote from: JoeTomasone on December 25, 2008, 08:37:46 AM

Happy holidays to all. 

Same thing happened to me last year, except it came at 0630, lasted till 2200, and involved a 3 hour trip to the other side of the state.  I'm hoping nothing similar happens this year!

You can always pack turkey jerky, cranberry raisins, sour cream n onion chips, and wash it down with gravy flavored soda. Christmas dinner for those on the go.... >:D 
JAFO

ThorntonOL

Former 1st Lt. Oliver L. Thornton
NY-292
Broome Tioga Composite Squadron

Agathodicy

Quote from: tjaxe on December 25, 2008, 04:17:23 AM
And for all of us Jewish kids out there -- Happy Hanukkah!!!!!!

Happy Chanukah to you, too! My husband and I are going to be frying up some sweet potato latkes sometime in the not-too-distant future. :)

Merry Christmas to all who are celebrating that one, and I hope 2009 gets off to a great start for everyone.
"Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual." --Terry Pratchett

tjaxe

Quote from: Agathodicy on December 25, 2008, 08:07:15 PM
Quote from: tjaxe on December 25, 2008, 04:17:23 AM
And for all of us Jewish kids out there -- Happy Hanukkah!!!!!!

Happy Chanukah to you, too! My husband and I are going to be frying up some sweet potato latkes sometime in the not-too-distant future. :)

Merry Christmas to all who are celebrating that one, and I hope 2009 gets off to a great start for everyone.

I made some regular latkes this past weekend -- fried in oil!!  Ahhhhh so BAD, but so GOOD!!

- Tracey, Captain
Public Affairs Officer, Professional Development, Logistics: NER-PA-160

alexalvarez

Ch, Lt. Col., Alex Alvarez
Alamo Composite Squadron, Bexar County Squadron, San Antonio, Texas
Group V Chaplain
Mitchell 1967, Earhart 1967, C/ Lt. Col. 1969
Fifty Year Member 2014

BuckeyeDEJ

It's a little cool here in the Tampa Bay area today -- mid-70s -- and there's no snow.

As a native Ohioan, that's a little hard to take sometimes. It's not Christmas without snow.

But for those of you poor people who are shoveling two feet of global warming, my condolences.

And, to be politically correct and totally inclusive...

HAPPY RAMAHANUKWANZMAS!

Nah, screw it. I'm not PC.

MERRY CHRISTMAS! HAPPY HANUKKAH! AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: BuckeyeDEJ on December 25, 2008, 09:07:33 PM
HAPPY RAMAHANUKWANZMAS!

Nor am I the slightest bit PC, but even I know it's Christmahanukwanzika.

;D  :P

BuckeyeDEJ

Quote from: PhoenixCadet on December 25, 2008, 09:15:42 PM
Quote from: BuckeyeDEJ on December 25, 2008, 09:07:33 PM
HAPPY RAMAHANUKWANZMAS!

Nor am I the slightest bit PC, but even I know it's Christmahanukwanzika.

;D  :P

Hey, I got it from Glenn Beck.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: BuckeyeDEJ on December 25, 2008, 09:41:41 PM
Hey, I got it from Glenn Beck.

In that case, it's all good.  Glenn Beck's awesome!   8)

Stonewall

FYI - It was 81 degrees here today.  Yes, on Christmas day my entire family was in shorts.  In fact, my A/C kicked on at one point.
Serving since 1987.

EMT-83

Shoveled snow off the roof today, to keep ice out of the gutters. Too bad Santa didn't take care of it while he was up there last night.

Rob Sherlin

Happy Hollidays to all, and a prosperous new year!

Palin shot Rudolph?...How tragic!

At least Santa has his F-16 as backup..... ;)
To fly freely above the earth is the ultimate dream for me in life.....For I do not wish to wait till I pass to earn my wings.

Rob Sherlin SM, NER-NY-116