1-3 years
4-6 years
7-9 years
10-12 years
13-15 years
16-18 years
19 + years

Briski

I joined the Pathfinder Cadet Squadron (GLR-OH-288) in 2002. Transferred to the South Oakland Cadet Squadron (GLR-MI-073) a few months before turning 21 in February. I'll get that first clasp on my Red Service Ribbon this August and sacred bovine, does it feel like I've been in longer than that... :o
JACKIE M. BRISKI, Capt, CAP
VAWG Cadet Programs Team

...not all those who wander are lost...

Chappie

Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

cap53

Started as a cadet at age 17 in Nov of 53.  Turned senior in July of 54.  Went on active duty with USAF Aug of 56 and kept up my membership.  Been a commander more times then I care to remember.Group Commander.  Current LG of both Wisconsin Wing and GLR.
Going on 55 years.  Talk about old.

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

cap53

I meant 55 years in CAP.

Pylon

Quote from: cap53 on May 29, 2007, 08:02:06 PM
I meant 55 years in CAP.

:o   Wow.   Thanks for your service, sir!  That's awesome!
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

LTCRet

I joined CAP as a cadet in Michigan Wing in 1957 and retired two years ago while in Florida Wing. 

jspear

Lt. Col. Jack E. Spear, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson #280
Henderson Composite Squadron
PCR-NV-065
"Proudly serving since 1980"

Briski

I think it's incredible that almost 1/3 of the participants in this poll have 19+ years' worth of CAP experience. What a great resource this place is for the new kids!!

That said, I just checked the numbers and we have 941 members on these forums and only 112 have participated in this poll. My guess is it's top heavy with people who want to prove their credibility... you know, those who have the amount of experience people like me only wish we had. ;D
JACKIE M. BRISKI, Capt, CAP
VAWG Cadet Programs Team

...not all those who wander are lost...

JamesG5223

Joined 1 Nov 1976.

Cadet:  1 Nov 1976 (Should have been August, but my paperwork "dissapeared" until November.)
Senior:  12 Sep 1982

No breaks in membership.

As of the posting of this note, I have been an active member of CAP for 30 years and 7.5 months, or 11,185 days.

James Garlough, Lt Col, CAP
Lt Col James Garlough, CAP

SAR-EMT1

Wonder what the record for CAP membership is...
Major Shaw, report to the thread, Major Shaw, please report to the thread.  :D We need you.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

BillB

Since there are still a few "sub-hunters" still in CAP after 60+ years, and since records have disappered over the years and the moves of CAP HQ. It would be hard to pinpoint the person with the longest membership.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

James Shaw

Longest concurrently serving member of Civil Air Patrol is Col. Ben Stone. He joined January 1 of 1942. He has been an active member the entire time. He currently resides in Marietta GA with his wife. He is 94 years old. He was Alan Shepards first ground school instructor and attends the GAWG meetings as the Planning Officer for Aircraft Maintenance. He servied in the Navy as a Flight Instructor, Was a member of the Civilian Pilot Training Program for the Air Force and still attends meetings almost every week. He has become a great friend and tells everyone I am his Son. He graduated from Parks Air College and has many THOUSANDS of hours in the air. His membership longevity was proven through his records and NHQ records. He still has his original 201 file from 1942 to 1975.

He is by far one of the Greatest Individuals I know.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

JC004

Quote from: caphistorian on June 17, 2007, 11:31:44 PM
Longest concurrently serving member of Civil Air Patrol is Col. Ben Stone. He joined January 1 of 1942. He has been an active member the entire time. He currently resides in Marietta GA with his wife. He is 94 years old. He was Alan Shepards first ground school instructor and attends the GAWG meetings as the Planning Officer for Aircraft Maintenance. He servied in the Navy as a Flight Instructor, Was a member of the Civilian Pilot Training Program for the Air Force and still attends meetings almost every week. He has become a great friend and tells everyone I am his Son. He graduated from Parks Air College and has many THOUSANDS of hours in the air. His membership longevity was proven through his records and NHQ records. He still has his original 201 file from 1942 to 1975.

He is by far one of the Greatest Individuals I know.

:o