Main Menu

6 months

Started by Devil Doc, January 11, 2013, 01:52:31 AM

Simplex

Quote from: Devil Doc on January 11, 2013, 08:32:52 PM
My sad Ribbon Rack is small :( I want to do outside things first, to try to keep this weight off. I have to say that I have done alot. I go to almost every SAREX, function, etc. There is a few SAREX coming up i may have to miss. Im just trying to feel part of the team again.  "Im loving it"

Sad ribbon rack?

A Purple Heart, Navy Commendation Medal with V (Valor) device and a Combat Action Ribbon are hardly a sad statement in my book. Being an old Army guy the rest of the ribbons are unfamiliar to me but I think I see a campaign medal with two campaign stars. Bravo Zulu as you Navy guys say, welcome aboard and thank you for your service.

Devil Doc

I was refering to my CAP Ribbons, I cannot wear my Military ribbons on the G/W. I appreciate the Motivation guys.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

Devil Doc

Woot!! I am Now a Butter Bar!!! 2LT Smith, has a nice sound to it!! Now i got to spend money and convert all my uniforms :(
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

Stonewall

Quote from: Devil Doc on January 28, 2013, 07:06:56 PM
Woot!! I am Now a Butter Bar!!! 2LT Smith, has a nice sound to it!! Now i got to spend money and convert all my uniforms :(

Congrats!  Shouldn't cost that much <$20, maybe?

Add another zero to your CAP paycheck and live large...but not too large.
Serving since 1987.

Rick-DEL

Congrats. I noticed that in your signature. I'll be changing mine on Friday, we should virtually share a beer (not in uniform of course  ;) ).

MIKE

2d Lt
Mike Johnston

Woodsy

Quote from: Stonewall on January 28, 2013, 07:19:38 PM

Congrats Lt. Smith!  Good work!

I'm up for Captain soon.  While I'm looking forward to it, I'm not looking forward to the expense! I've estimated it will cost me about 100 bucks to change out insignia.  Service dress, blues and aviator/greys all use the same rank slides, so I'll only need 2 sets of those (I wear a complete long sleeve blues uniform under the service dress jacket, for situations where I take the jacket off.)  2 sets of captain insignia for BDU's (one set for collar, and a single for the hat) and the plastic encased (cheezy, by the way...  active duty guys always ask me if I plan on ditching in the water because I'm wearing waterproof rank) for  the flight suit.  Add in about 4 bucks EACH  to have insignia sewn on at the tailor.  And before you say "sew it on yourself,"  trust me, you don't want me anywhere near a sewing machine!  haha

Stonewall

Quote from: Woodsy on January 28, 2013, 09:04:59 PM
Quote from: Stonewall on January 28, 2013, 07:19:38 PM

Congrats Lt. Smith!  Good work!

I'm up for Captain soon.  While I'm looking forward to it, I'm not looking forward to the expense! I've estimated it will cost me about 100 bucks to change out insignia.  Service dress, blues and aviator/greys all use the same rank slides, so I'll only need 2 sets of those (I wear a complete long sleeve blues uniform under the service dress jacket, for situations where I take the jacket off.)  2 sets of captain insignia for BDU's (one set for collar, and a single for the hat) and the plastic encased (cheezy, by the way...  active duty guys always ask me if I plan on ditching in the water because I'm wearing waterproof rank) for  the flight suit.  Add in about 4 bucks EACH  to have insignia sewn on at the tailor.  And before you say "sew it on yourself,"  trust me, you don't want me anywhere near a sewing machine!  haha

Hah!  I haven't changed rank in 10 years and won't for another....infinity.

I figure <$20 because I figure one set of slide on rank and a couple sets of embroidered for BDUs.  I didn't think about the plastic encased rank for flight suits even though I have a set on my flight suit.

That, and I do all my own sewing.  I have since I was a cadet when my mom gave me one freebie and said you're on your own after this.  8th grade home economics was all I needed.  Been sewing ever since.  I even modified gear when I was a grunt and still toy around a little these days for fun.
Serving since 1987.

Devil Doc

Quote from: MIKE on January 28, 2013, 08:51:35 PM

2d Lt
Does 2LT AND 2d Lt make a difference :) Ya shouldnt cost much, im such a cheapskate im not going to put my GT Badges on untill i become GTL or GT1
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

vento

Quote from: Devil Doc on January 28, 2013, 11:14:53 PM
Quote from: MIKE on January 28, 2013, 08:51:35 PM

2d Lt
Does 2LT AND 2d Lt make a difference :) Ya shouldnt cost much, im such a cheapskate im not going to put my GT Badges on untill i become GTL or GT1

Yes, it does make a difference. It is 2d Lt for the USAF and CAP, 2LT for some other branches.
http://capnhq.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/951/~/usaf-and-cap-grade-abbreviations

Either way, congratulations on your butter bar! Time to start working towards the silver bar.

Devil Doc

My bad, im getting Marine Ranks confusing Again. I will Change it :)
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

Devil Doc

Changed :) Silver Bar is just Another year in CAP so Jan 24th 2014. In another 9months  i will be ES basic Technician Level. Why did i choose the hardest one? LOL
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Devil Doc on January 28, 2013, 11:36:47 PM
Changed :) Silver Bar is just Another year in CAP so Jan 24th 2014. In another 9months  i will be ES basic Technician Level. Why did i choose the hardest one? LOL

Take note that promotion approvals are month based (apparently). Means 01JAN14 you will be eligible.

SarDragon

Quote from: usafaux2004 on January 29, 2013, 04:46:32 AM

Take note that promotion approvals are month based (apparently). Means 01JAN14 you will be eligible.

Last time I had the necessary permissions to view that info, they were day for day.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

EMT-83

Quote from: SarDragon on January 29, 2013, 09:39:05 AM
Quote from: usafaux2004 on January 29, 2013, 04:46:32 AM

Last time I had the necessary permissions to view that info, they were day for day.

That's what I thought until my promotion came through early. Logged into eServices one morning to find I was no longer a Captain.

Rick-DEL

If I remember correctly, eligibility approval is available on the first day of that month then the approving authority has to go in and approve it. For instance, my 2d Lt eligibility went green on 1 FEB 12, even though I wouldn't officially hit the 6 month mark until the 16th. The Commander approved it on the 6th in eServices and then presented it to me on our Promotion night on 8 FEB 12.

We'll see if it is the same on Friday. If I check out the promotions area in eServices for my CAPID and it shows "Member is Eligible", then it is the first of the month regardless whether the true date falls afterwards. Then it is off to update the uniforms. I already have a set of BDU's ready to go with 1st Lt. Just need to do the field jacket, flightsuit, and flight jacket. The rest is easy....

Devil Doc

Congrats 1st Lt Select Rick!!
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

Luis R. Ramos

Happened to our new squadron commander.

Since one guy/s promo became eligible on the first of the month but the real anniversary date was towards the end. The previous commander who was an Lt Col reprimanded or questioned why the new squadron commander who was a captain was approving that promotion on the first of the month instead of on the later part of the date.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Devil Doc

So I cant Jump From 2nd Lt to Capt?
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

SarDragon

Quote from: Devil Doc on January 29, 2013, 10:57:48 PM
So I cant Jump From 2nd Lt to Capt?

Ummm...  under normal circumstances, no.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret