Civil Air Patrol Accidents/Equipment Losses Member Assessments Summary?

Started by RADIOMAN015, September 19, 2010, 06:22:30 PM

jimmydeanno

I don't think that the average CAP member, needs, wants, or even cares about reports of this nature.  What they need is the processed information. 

"During FY08, Civil Air Patrol experienced a loss of X dollars because of X type of incident.  In order to reduce the number of these type of incidents, we've instituted these policies and these training requirements.

What am I going to do with a bunch of numbers?  "Oh, we had 35 aircraft incidents last year and it cost us money.  I guess we should be more careful with our planes."  That's about all I can do with it.

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

a2capt

So, you self deployed, was that CAP's equipment, or yours?

I know, I know .. you're gonna say you were testing it. Yeah, yeah .. smells like a duck, walks like a duck.. trolls like a duck.

Must be a duck.

Good luck with that promotion. If they only knew how unhappy you are with the organization, you'd never get it. Maybe some more of your unit needs to start visiting the forums.

JC004

They are clearly hiding something.  I know what it is.  It is cake.  I hear that they have chocolate, vanilla, AND ice cream cake.  I'm really kind of annoyed about the ice cream cake because I want some. 

Quote from: caphornbuckle on September 20, 2010, 03:37:31 AM
Perhaps this will help a little:

http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/Nat_CC__EX_NB_2010_7402675AFD3F5.ppt#357,4,Slide 4

I just realized that this uses mostly the command patch instead of the Triangle Thingy.  Outstanding. 

AirDX

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on September 19, 2010, 10:45:28 PMjust got back from prepositioning myself for a UDF mission at the local airport

Nice.  Crap like that gives CAP a bad name.  I was a controller for 25 years, and nothing generates more eye rolling than the CAP/USCGAUX or whoever self-dispatching to some imagined incident.  There are procedures that are followed, let them take their course. 
Believe in fate, but lean forward where fate can see you.

SarDragon

Quote from: JC004 on September 20, 2010, 06:46:45 AM
They are clearly hiding something.  I know what it is.  It is cake.  I hear that they have chocolate, vanilla, AND ice cream cake.  I'm really kind of annoyed about the ice cream cake because I want some. 

Quote from: caphornbuckle on September 20, 2010, 03:37:31 AM
Perhaps this will help a little:

http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/Nat_CC__EX_NB_2010_7402675AFD3F5.ppt#357,4,Slide 4

I just realized that this uses mostly the command patch instead of the Triangle Thingy.  Outstanding.

The cake is a lie.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

a2capt

Quote from: SarDragon on September 20, 2010, 07:06:24 AMThe cake is a lie.
But but.. but..
http://www.thefump.com/fump.php?id=1214 <-- Click Play

Looking at those numbers is interesting. MX costs, 1/3rd? Just goes to prove you can skew results any direction you want. Just pick what you want to add and leave off the rest. Centralized MX really saved this much? Come on.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

Quote from: Stonewall on September 20, 2010, 12:34:44 AMWhere in FL?  You're a major?
So, you look for a unit that is "about three hours" from Leominster, MA, that meets on an airfield that has a tower, that is in the North East Region, who has an ES roster that contains a someone with perhaps comm, UDF/GT ratings with rank of Maj. North Andover might be a choice, as one of the units on the MAWG PAO page that says it meets at an airport thats not within the distance of a 100 hamburger from Leominster. Except that airport has no tower. If we look outside the wing box, there's Albany, (Latham) - the Group HQ, senior Sq. and Cadet Sq. all meet in the same place, in the northeast quadrant of the airport and there are houses nearby.

CAP isn't that small that someone can't figure out who someone else is with a little bit of process of elimination.

There are probably a few others, granted- a "pinhead map" of CAP units would make it easier.

EDIT:
Looking south, there is Westover Composite Sq., and while that is half of the "3 hour" distance to the NER conference by GoogleMath, figuring in real world traffic, that could be it, especially when reference was made that fit that surrounding pertaining to their meeting place.

MSG Mac

Deleted wrong information
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

G+10

Much of that was reported in this month's "Safety Beacon" (last page)

John Gniewkowski

Short Field

Quote from: Major Carrales on September 20, 2010, 01:39:45 AM
As for the parade of "no-namers," be advised that failing to sign your name to your words relegates even good points to rumor and "I heard, from somebody that some other person in another wing said that this was this and that was that."   It is more ripe for the spread of mis-information than the truth.
If it really bothers you, then PM me for details.  However, your comments are totally bogus.  Just having a name - unless you are in a national position of power - does nothing for the credibility of the words.  The truthfulness of what people post here becomes apparent the more they post.  Words should stand on their own - not depend on the name of the person who posted them.  Posters develop their own reps on this board. 

If I posted my name - then maybe 10 more people would know who I am than the 20 or so on the board who currently know.  So what difference does it make.  A rose by any other name....
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

cap235629

Quote from: a2capt on September 20, 2010, 09:22:20 AM
Quote from: Stonewall on September 20, 2010, 12:34:44 AMWhere in FL?  You're a major?
So, you look for a unit that is "about three hours" from Leominster, MA, that meets on an airfield that has a tower, that is in the North East Region, who has an ES roster that contains a someone with perhaps comm, UDF/GT ratings with rank of Maj. North Andover might be a choice, as one of the units on the MAWG PAO page that says it meets at an airport thats not within the distance of a 100 hamburger from Leominster. Except that airport has no tower. If we look outside the wing box, there's Albany, (Latham) - the Group HQ, senior Sq. and Cadet Sq. all meet in the same place, in the northeast quadrant of the airport and there are houses nearby.

CAP isn't that small that someone can't figure out who someone else is with a little bit of process of elimination.

There are probably a few others, granted- a "pinhead map" of CAP units would make it easier.

EDIT:
Looking south, there is Westover Composite Sq., and while that is half of the "3 hour" distance to the NER conference by GoogleMath, figuring in real world traffic, that could be it, especially when reference was made that fit that surrounding pertaining to their meeting place.

Hanscom Composite Squadron
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

Major Carrales

Quote from: Short Field on September 20, 2010, 08:06:55 PM
Quote from: Major Carrales on September 20, 2010, 01:39:45 AM
As for the parade of "no-namers," be advised that failing to sign your name to your words relegates even good points to rumor and "I heard, from somebody that some other person in another wing said that this was this and that was that."   It is more ripe for the spread of mis-information than the truth.
If it really bothers you, then PM me for details.  However, your comments are totally bogus.  Just having a name - unless you are in a national position of power - does nothing for the credibility of the words.  The truthfulness of what people post here becomes apparent the more they post.  Words should stand on their own - not depend on the name of the person who posted them.  Posters develop their own reps on this board. 

If I posted my name - then maybe 10 more people would know who I am than the 20 or so on the board who currently know.  So what difference does it make.  A rose by any other name....

Sorry, I don't believe in ghosts or their agendas.  And that is the point.  If you can't stand behind your words...then they have no meaning.  Now, they may have a purpose...and that might be to disrupt. 
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Short Field

Quote from: Major Carrales on September 21, 2010, 01:20:09 AM
If you can't stand behind your words...then they have no meaning.  Now, they may have a purpose...and that might be to disrupt.
So, no PM and a flip off remark.  Oops, my mistake, my words have no meaning...
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Major Carrales

Quote from: Short Field on September 21, 2010, 01:28:44 AM
Quote from: Major Carrales on September 21, 2010, 01:20:09 AM
If you can't stand behind your words...then they have no meaning.  Now, they may have a purpose...and that might be to disrupt.
So, no PM and a flip off remark.  Oops, my mistake, my words have no meaning...

You have also sent no PM...which is what you should have done instead of "grandstand."
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret