Main Menu

US Army Cadet Corps

Started by mikeylikey, June 27, 2008, 03:12:54 AM

mikeylikey

Take a look at the US Army Cadet Corps uniform regulation that just came out.  Very well written, referencing Army regs, and detailing USAC specifics in the manual itself.  CAPNHQ.....take note.  This is what 39-1 should be modeled after.
http://www.acacadets.org/PDF/ACR_670-1.pdf 

Also interesting is the USAC ID CARD REG.  The ID they are going to issue is modeled after the CAC, and seems the military or DOD is fine with it.  Why couldn't CAP do it?
http://www.acacadets.org/PDF/ACR_600-8-14.pdf  Look at page 6.  Our very own NIN is pictured!!

Props to USAC!!!

(notice that the Officers are allowed to wear hard rank, and regular Army Officer Shoulder Marks (Rank Slides).  They only have a 2 line nameplate and a badge that distinguishes them apart form Regular Army Officers.  What is the PROBLEM with USAF?  We can easily do what the USAC is doing regarding uniforms.  But hey, I like dressing like a clown)
What's up monkeys?

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: mikeylikey on June 27, 2008, 03:12:54 AM
Take a look at the US Army Cadet Corps uniform regulation that just came out.  Very well written, referencing Army regs, and detailing USAC specifics in the manual itself.  CAPNHQ.....take note.  This is what 39-1 should be modeled after.

Also interesting is the USAC ID CARD REG.  The ID they are going to issue is modeled after the CAC, and seems the military or DOD is fine with it.  Why couldn't CAP do it?
http://www.acacadets.org/PDF/ACR_600-8-14.pdf  Look at page 6.  Our very own NIN is pictured!!

How hard would it be for anyone with connections to NHQ to suggest this (both ideas)?  (Either formally or informally...)

NIN

Props to USAC!!!

(notice that the Officers are allowed to wear hard rank, and regular Army Officer Shoulder Marks (Rank Slides).  They only have a 2 line nameplate and a badge that distinguishes them apart form Regular Army Officers.  What is the PROBLEM with USAF?  We can easily do what the USAC is doing regarding uniforms.  But hey, I like dressing like a clown)

Yeah, my melon wound up on the sample ID card because I took the time to have a properly done photo >:)  Grrr. Curse you, Colonel Land!  :P

As I've stated to others, if you look at the CAP senior uniform prior to the introduction of "shoulder marks on the epaulets of the service coat" in 1992 or so, there is actually very little difference.

The ACA has a distinctive identification badge (which, while similar, is about 150% nicer than the "dinner plate" that CAP has for the mess dress), a 2-line nameplate, ACA collar brass and a distinctive SSI.  CAP's uniform lacked the distinctive badge, but it did include a shoulder sleeve insignia where the AF normally wears none.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Smokey

Yeah like that is gonna happen...........It makes some of those in the AF feel better that we are identified as the red headed step child rather than have a common look......but then again, by the way some of our members look, I can understand it. I am really tired of CAP folks who look like 20 pounds stuffed in a 10 pound bag, wearing civilian clothing with AF uniforms, dirty/ stained clothing, long hair in AF uniforms and green zoom bags (and facial hair ...especially on the females ;D) and on and on....

Maybe if we looked in a mirror and CLEANED UP OUR ACT.....the AF might cut us some slack.

But then there are those who don't want to be associated with the AF (the flying club boys) so.....................anything close to an AF uniform offends them.  They even squawk if they have to wear a blue polo and grey slacks!!!
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

JayT

Quote from: Smokey on June 27, 2008, 03:54:29 AM
Yeah like that is gonna happen...........It makes some of those in the AF feel better that we are identified as the red headed step child rather than have a common look......but then again, by the way some of our members look, I can understand it. I am really tired of CAP folks who look like 20 pounds stuffed in a 10 pound bag, wearing civilian clothing with AF uniforms, dirty/ stained clothing, long hair in AF uniforms and green zoom bags (and facial hair ...especially on the females ;D) and on and on....

Maybe if we looked in a mirror and CLEANED UP OUR ACT.....the AF might cut us some slack.

But then there are those who don't want to be associated with the AF (the flying club boys) so.....................anything close to an AF uniform offends them.  They even squawk if they have to wear a blue polo and grey slacks!!!

Wow, you really must love CAP.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

dwb

Quote from: mikeylikey on June 27, 2008, 03:12:54 AMWe can easily do what the USAC is doing regarding uniforms.

Um, no we can't.  The ACA is a private organization without any official military backing (at least, not yet).  CAP's AF uniforms are controlled by the AF; ACA's Army uniforms are controlled by ACA.

If the Army ends up formally taking ACA under its wing, as is being proposed, I'm sure in time you will see a little more outward distinctiveness in ACA's uniforms.

Eclipse

Nothing but USAF regulations..

Quote from: AFI 10-2701, Page: 8-9, Sec 1.3.5, wwwpublic.wpafb.af.mil/cap/forms/afi10-2701.pdf
1.3.5. CAP ID Card. CAP members carry an ID card identifying them as members of the organization.
CAP ID cards must meet Air Force standards and are considered a uniform item subject to the AFI10-2701 29 JULY 2005 9 same approval process as other parts of the CAP uniform. The CAP ID card must be sufficiently different from U.S. Armed Forces ID card that confusion will not occur. The CAP ID card will not allow access to government facilities or other agencies and is not a government identification card. CAP ID cards do not qualify for Federal Aviation Administration identification requirements concerning pilot certificate privileges. Each installation commander is responsible for determining the amount of access, if any, which will be afforded to CAP personnel. However, the ID card will facilitate the identification
of an individual as a member of the CAP.
(emphasis mine)

There is no question the USAC card could be easily mistaken for a CAC, and that CAP's would not. The rules is the rules.

AFI 10-2701 should be on  everyone's reading list because it answers a lot of "how / why / who?" questions regarding
USAF authority over CAP, our status as >an< auxiliary (vs "the") and other interesting tidbits.

"That Others May Zoom"

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: JThemann on June 27, 2008, 11:08:28 AM
Quote from: Smokey on June 27, 2008, 03:54:29 AM

Wow, you really must love CAP.

He loves CAP, but some of the morons in CAP are loved only by their mothers.  Like the idiot who was wearing a goatee with an Air Force flight suit and had his picture appear in Volunteer.

The CAP lieutenant's rifle qualification course:  Be able to hit your own foot 70 percent of the time.
Another former CAP officer

COL Land

Props to USAC!!!

Thanks!   Watch out for much more coming soon.

Our Annual Training < www.atupdates.armycadets.org > starts this Saturday at Fort A. P. Hill, Va.  In addition to USAC cadre, we will have eight USAR Drill Sergeants, a USAR MAJ (Nurse Practitioner), two USAR SFCs (LPNs) and a SPC, all in support of Cadet and Officer Candidate training.   

Anyone in the Virginia area who would like to attend the Graduation Review on 27 Jul at 1100, please feel free to contact me.   BG Catalanotti, Commanding General, 98th Division (IET) will be the Reviewing Officer, along with BG Tornow, USAC, Commanding General, and several others.   

LOTS of good things are happening for our program....more to come!

JOSEPH M. LAND, SR.
COL, AG, USAC       
Acting Commander              www.goarmycadets.com
Headquarters, U.S. Army Cadet Corps

"ADVENTURE BEGINS HERE!"

COL Land

I am proud to announce the release of AC PAM 600-4 - Basic Cadet Training Handbook. This new document replaces all previous versions of the Recruit Orientation Guide, and is a sole reference  for Recruit Orientation as well as Basic Cadet Training. Due to its short fuse release before the commencement of CTC and BCT, all recruits enrolled in those programs will receive a copy upon inprocessing at Fort AP Hill. The document is available now at http://training.armycadets.org/resources/training-publication and can be downloaded in full or in individual sections. A full training support package (including lesson plans and Power Points/overhead slides) will be released on the Training website after AT.

I look forward to seeing you all in the next week.

GEORGE H. BERGHORN
MAJ, GS, USAC
DCS, G-3 (Training)
HQ, U.S. Army Cadet Corps

"Adventure Begins Here!"
JOSEPH M. LAND, SR.
COL, AG, USAC       
Acting Commander              www.goarmycadets.com
Headquarters, U.S. Army Cadet Corps

"ADVENTURE BEGINS HERE!"