Fall 2009 NEC Agenda posted

Started by Eclipse, October 30, 2009, 01:24:05 PM

Eclipse

6-7 Nov 09, St. Louis, MO

http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/NEC_2009_Nov_agenda_1DB0E32C5412C.pdf

2. Conduct of Members Using Social Media
3. Fire Watch Ribbon
4. CAP Glider Program Review
5. Glider Operations: Delete or modify CAPR 60-1 Chapter 2-3c
6. Inspector General of the Year Award
7. Membership Application - Proof of True Identity
8. Service Date
9. Amendment to CAPR 112-10
10. Annual Conference & National Board Meeting for 2011
11. Travel Policy

"That Others May Zoom"

MIKE

Quote from: Eclipse on October 30, 2009, 01:24:05 PM
3. Fire Watch Ribbon

Lot of cadets gonna be claiming this one with encampment and/or local actvity credit if they don't come up with a more descriptive name.
Mike Johnston

BTCS1*

Possible change the name to forest fire watch/airborne fire watch ribbon.
C/2d Lt. B. Garelick, CAP

jimmydeanno

Better Idea.  Skip the new ribbon, adjust the criteria for the SAR ribbon. 
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Eclipse

Quote from: jimmydeanno on October 30, 2009, 03:08:01 PM
Better Idea.  Skip the new ribbon, adjust the criteria for the SAR ribbon.

+1

Interesting mission, important task, but in the end, just another "actual" sortie.  As stated, these already count towards a ribbon with a prop on it.

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

I like the Advisor/National Staff Comments on Item 8, Membership Service Date:
QuoteSenior Advisor Support – Non-Concur as written. We are unable to determine what problem this solution will correct.

dwb

^ That was my favorite line in the whole document.  I don't know who the Senior Advisor for Support is, but (s)he has a way with words!

Strick

For the love of God............we do not need more ribbons.   It is part of the mission, credit goes towards senior and master wings.   
[darn]atio memoriae

CAPSGT

Creating another ribbon is vital to the organization.  It creates another ribbon for vanguard to sell to our members so that national can collect some more money.  ::)

Of course, what would really be nice is to have criteria published for ribbons already being sold (homeland security).
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

Eclipse

I'd like someone to publish a photo of the approved CSU sweater from the last meeting so I can get one....

"That Others May Zoom"

Strick

Quote from: Eclipse on October 30, 2009, 04:48:29 PM
I'd like someone to publish a photo of the approved CSU sweater from the last meeting so I can get one....

come on...that would make sense :)    Iwould like to see the new sweater, it is starting to get cold up here.
[darn]atio memoriae

lordmonar

Quote from: Strick on October 30, 2009, 04:31:18 PM
For the love of God............we do not need more ribbons.   It is part of the mission, credit goes towards senior and master wings.

but not constant with other awards already authorised.....i.e. Why do SAR and CD missions get a ribbon but not Fire Watch?

I suggest we roll CD/SAR/HLS/firewatch ribbons into one "aerial acheivement" medal and then create something to cover ground teams and mission base personnel.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

bosshawk

Pat: that would make too much sense.  And, besides, how would the ribbon mavens on CAPtalk continue to build their racks?
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

heliodoc

Ya know

Being a former helitack and former wildland firefighter...

AND a a qual'd forester  and commercial pilot and a CAP member....

Why does CAP need another ribbon?? 

Firewatch AKA aerial detection / detection pilot/ etc etc

Can't you guys JUST be happy with getting another mission??  How about a general understanding of forestry and fire weather coupled with wildland fire...

Another ribbon?? 

James Shaw

How about making it part of the Civil Defense Ribbon?
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

lordmonar

Putting it with CD would make some sense....but why the break out between CD/SAR/CN?

An aerial mission is an aerial mission......the USAF does not have a Close Air Support Medal, a Intel/Survailance/Reccon Medal and a Combat SAR Medal....they have the Air Medal and The Aerial Acheiment Medal.  One is more or less for combat operations and the other is for non-combat operations.  Training Flights don't count.

I would do the same...a CAP aerial Acheivement Medal for 10 sorties supporing AFAM non-training missions in any arena of operations CD/CN/DAR/DR.  We can make a CAP Ground Team Medal for 10 missions as a UDF/GTM/GTL and a CAP Support Team Medal for 10 missions as any mission base personnel.  So we keep the same number of ribbons but expand who we recognise and simplify how they wear them (no more props for 10 air sorties and just a cluster for ground sorties).  We don't have to worry about someone adding an new mission that is not covered by the awards (where would the SUAV program fall?)

I am all for recognising people who volunteer to train and then actually do their assigned jobs.....but I can't stand the in-fighting we have between the different "mission" groups.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

RiverAux

Gee, talk about a snore fest.  If that is all they've got to talk about, they should cancel the meeting. 

JC004

QuoteADVISOR / NATIONAL STAFF COMMENTS:
Senior Advisor Support – Non-Concur as written. We are unable to determine what
problem this solution will correct.

BAHAHAHAHAHA.  Sounds like any number of NB/NEC proposals.   >:D

heliodoc

^^^^^

Same with Application...Proof of True Identity

What these guys just making work up??  Looking busy?  Justifying to 1AF that  CAP needs more Generals

WOW

No wonder there is some contempt for these so called NB Meetings with all that "leadership."

"Unable to determine what problem this solution will correct." Senior Advisor Support or many other operations for that fact.

How many of these folks are getting paid for this and the other question...... if they are volunteering and STILL getting nothing done.....makes the US Government (any Agency) still look MORE effective with the use of time ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Cecil DP

Quote from: heliodoc on October 30, 2009, 08:59:50 PM
^^^^^

Same with Application...Proof of True Identity

What these guys just making work up??  Looking busy?  Justifying to 1AF that  CAP needs more Generals

WOW

No wonder there is some contempt for these so called NB Meetings with all that "leadership."

"Unable to determine what problem this solution will correct." Senior Advisor Support or many other operations for that fact.

How many of these folks are getting paid for this and the other question...... if they are volunteering and STILL getting nothing done.....makes the US Government (any Agency) still look MORE effective with the use of time ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Requires 1 sentance change to 39-2 " Prospective Senior  members will furnish two (2) forms of Government issued ID at time of application."
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85