Main Menu

squadron website

Started by Heather, August 04, 2006, 04:51:25 PM

A.Member

Quote from: elipod on August 22, 2011, 08:06:12 PM
I have found it MORE than useful for my squadron. It gets rid of the old days of telephone call outs. I just need to find a way to secure it.
Doesn't matter if you can't implement it correctly.  As others indicated, there are alternate ways to do this until you figure it out.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

JC004

Quote from: elipod on August 23, 2011, 03:41:56 AM
Quote from: JC004 on August 23, 2011, 12:06:58 AM
You need to collect old pictures from the last 10 years and post them.  Do not ask why.  Just get it done.  Quickly.

post them. On here? or the website.
as much as my curiosity is trying to kill me, I wont ask why.

Make galleries and put a selection of pictures through the years - maybe by decade or something, but I'm particularly interested in 2000 to 2005 or so.  We used to have this when I did the wing website.  Lots of squadrons seems to do this too.

a2capt

I'm in the process of doing just that with ours, as myself and another senior member sorted our photos into year/mo/date/event and even got a bunch of them labeled with who's in them. Another interesting side point is the amount of space a set of photos took up say, 10 years ago, vs. now. 

The better part of 10 years of photos may be overtaken by a single weekend activity now, with the "use the largest size possible" rule. Which I darn near always follow.

99.9 times out of 100, you only get one chance to take that photo. Make it count.

elipod

Unfortunately, I have no photos from that era... 2000 - 2005. Except for a few printed photos. When I have time, I will scan them.
"Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else"

JC004

I'd do a sampling of scanned photos, organized by decade, for as far back as you can get.  Seems a lot of units do that.

elipod

I made a new CAP recruitment video. It is more of a digestion of all the recruitment videos out there. But it is HD, which I like.

check it out at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_PeXNqMRoU

Watch in HD!

HGjunkie

Quote from: elipod on August 25, 2011, 11:02:01 PM
I made a new CAP recruitment video. It is more of a digestion of all the recruitment videos out there. But it is HD, which I like.

check it out at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_PeXNqMRoU

Watch in HD!

I spot a RED HORSE O-Course... is that FLWG footage?  :D
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

elipod

haha. yes. some of it is FLWG footage.

do you like the video though?

HGjunkie

Quote from: elipod on August 26, 2011, 03:26:07 AM