Winter 2008 National Board Agenda

Started by JC004, February 07, 2008, 05:50:52 AM

Dragoon

Quote from: mikeylikey on February 12, 2008, 09:38:40 PM
Quote from: Dragoon on February 12, 2008, 09:05:41 PM
Quote from: mikeylikey on February 12, 2008, 04:41:12 PM
Has anyone sent up proposals directly to their Wing Kings for inclusion in "New Business"?  I sent a freaking ass huge list.  I will see what kind of lame commander he really is. 

Some things I suggested......

1)allow "other than black" boots to be worn with BDU's and BBDU's
2)all of the uniform suggestions in the now defunct NHQ uniform committee thread
3)getting rid of all Hawk MTN bling except for the school patch (and mandate its wear on the pocket, not the sleeve)

I hope others do the same!  If we get enough pressure on OUR leadership perhaps they will do what we want for a change!

Not sure what you mean by "lame commander."  I hope you don't mean that if he disagrees with you, then he's automatically "lame."

YOu don't know the situation in PAWG so I will let your comments slide  ;D
The guy has not sent one email,  held one open meeting, or visited any SQG or GRP.  He is lame in terms of he does NOTHING. 

Based on that, sounds like you've already confirmed his "lameness."  No need to worry what he does with your proposals.

Commanders ignore suggestions from the field for two reasons - either they don't agree with them, or they are too busy (or lazy) to deal with them.  It's often impossible for the guys at the bottom to tell which motivation is at work.

Good luck dealing with your situation - I've had a couple of.....introverted.....wing commanders through the years.  Makes it hard to figure out what's going on.

afgeo4

"Lame commanders" are sometimes a necessity of CAP (I hate it too). We often face situations where the current commander steps down for one reason or another and no one who has the time, desire and ability to lead steps up. A commander is still needed to sign paperwork and take up space on the MML. So... that's who they hire. The only one that's available.

I think we should all do our hardest to train up and step up when a call for leadership is made so that we, the active few, end up taking the rigns.
GEORGE LURYE

RiverAux

FYI, here is the official agenda that is now posted on eservices: Here is the agenda for the Feb 29-March 1 National Board Meeting: http://level2.cap.gov/documents/2008_Feb_NB_Agenda.pdf 

Don't know if it is different than the one at the beginning of the thread. 

Still no minutes from the November NEC or the December BoG (actually, they don't even have the agendas for those meetings posted yet. 

Cecil DP

Quote from: RiverAux on February 26, 2008, 12:01:46 AM
FYI, here is the official agenda that is now posted on eservices: Here is the agenda for the Feb 29-March 1 National Board Meeting: http://level2.cap.gov/documents/2008_Feb_NB_Agenda.pdf 

Don't know if it is different than the one at the beginning of the thread. 

Still no minutes from the November NEC or the December BoG (actually, they don't even have the agendas for those meetings posted yet. 

Maybe the NEC and BofG held super secret meetings!! I noticed the missing reports also. I hope they get the minutes out soon.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Michael

I know it's not on the agenda, but I hope that Hawk Mountain Ranger tabs will eventually be allowed again.
Bill Coons, C/Capt

CASH172

Quote from: MikeTA on February 26, 2008, 09:47:19 PM
I know it's not on the agenda, but I hope that Hawk Mountain Ranger tabs will eventually be allowed again.

Just my opinion but, I would prefer if they never come back out.  While not all Hawk grads are like this, the item can turn into elitism if taken too far.  Also, it creates a non traditional design onto the BDUs that the military never had, as far as I know. 

SJFedor

Quote from: MikeTA on February 26, 2008, 09:47:19 PM

Why? What's the justification for them?

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Michael

I think it would please all the people who have worked to earn those Ranger grades, not just in PAWG, but all around the nation.
Bill Coons, C/Capt

DC

Hawk Mountain grads can wear their LL patch, and within PAWG they can wear all the bling they are entitled to. Isn't that enough? Seeing as how the whole ranger thing isn't very organized outside of PAWG..

Personally I think that uniform variation needs to be kept to a minimum, I think the most that should be allowed is a beret for NBB, and a whistle for Hawk. I think it is rediculous when a 14 year old cadet is walking around with patches and whistles and funny colored web belts and scarves and keystones and whatever else HM awards... The point in uniform is to be just that, uniform. While I am not one of the uniformity nazis that thinks we should only wear CAP alternate uniforms so we are inline with those that cannot/choose not to wear USAF style uniforms, I do think that each uniform should be kept pretty much the same across the organization. Not to turn this into another uniform thread though...

[/soapbox]

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Do we know if the board meeting will be broacast over the net?  And if so do we know if there will be enough bandwith so that we can all listen?

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

arajca

According to an email sent out by my wing/cc, they are planning to broadcast the meeting. Bandwidth, however, is another story. Hopefully at least one CAPTalker can keep us updated...

afgeo4

I think they should release a report on how much money they've spent on creating and issuing all the different changes in the recent like graphics for aircraft and vehicles. Given that we've had to change everything then change everything to go back to what it used to be... wouldn't it be smarter and less expensive to give ALL ideas a very thorough rinsing before they're fielded?

I think about how many O-Flights for cadets and teachers we could have funded and how many uniforms/field gear we could have given away. About how many NCSA scholarships we could have issued. It's just sad.
GEORGE LURYE

mikeylikey

Reading what came from the Board......nothing much at all!

This National Board meeting thing is a waste of OUR money.  They could have easily done it by telephone conference. 

What's up monkeys?

FW

Quote from: afgeo4 on March 09, 2008, 07:26:00 PM
I think they should release a report on how much money they've spent on creating and issuing all the different changes in the recent like graphics for aircraft and vehicles. Given that we've had to change everything then change everything to go back to what it used to be... wouldn't it be smarter and less expensive to give ALL ideas a very thorough rinsing before they're fielded?

I think about how many O-Flights for cadets and teachers we could have funded and how many uniforms/field gear we could have given away. About how many NCSA scholarships we could have issued. It's just sad.

The decals for vehicles/aircraft won't be changed until they need too.  I think the phrase was "as needed".  The cost for graphics design is negligible as it is done "in house".  Vanguard pays the price for making the patches and we don't need to purchase them for another 2 years.  Total est. extra cost for the whole thing to CAP: <$500.  Total est. cost for member:  about $5/patch.  

And Yes, it would be much smarter if all ideas went had a "very thorough rinsing before they're fielded".  That is why the NB is creating an "Agenda Committee"  to do that very thing.

BTW;  $500. is:  Cadet O'Flights are funded by our annual grant from congress (not affected).  We fly teachers with dues money (about 5 flights).  NCSA scholarchips are funded by our investments (1 scholarship) and, I understand, no cadet will ever be refused attendance because of cost.  Basicly, IMHO, only our pride gets hurt from this expierience.
I think it's time we just moved on.

Just my $.02  ;D

Oh, and Mikey, Teleconferenced NB meetings would be nice, but the meeting needs to be open to the public/membership.  Maybe NHQ can figure something out.  This would be something they have responsibility for.  ;)