The Pig Pen is relocating......

Started by Flying Pig, June 21, 2013, 03:39:20 AM

Flying Pig

The other pilot I am working with lives in Northport.   I think I went to that pub you are talking about. I really enjoyed the area while we were there for a week.  I know all about the bugs and humidity and all that.  This will be a good move.  Not to mention, as I said, the career aspects. There is a CAP Sq at the airport I am working at, so I will be hitting them up for sure.

Whats the activity like in FL for CAP? 

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Flying Pig on June 24, 2013, 12:32:13 AM
The other pilot I am working with lives in Northport.   I think I went to that pub you are talking about. I really enjoyed the area while we were there for a week.  I know all about the bugs and humidity and all that.  This will be a good move.  Not to mention, as I said, the career aspects. There is a CAP Sq at the airport I am working at, so I will be hitting them up for sure.

There are a couple of cadet squadrons and a composite in the Fort Myers/Cape Coral area. I visited the two cadet units last time I was down there, they are both attached to schools.

Flying Pig

There is a CAP building at Charlotte County Airport

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Flying Pig on June 24, 2013, 01:47:38 AM

As in, they have the whole building? Cool! Don't know anything about them though, will let a local put in their .02.

Flying Pig

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on June 24, 2013, 01:51:28 AM
Quote from: Flying Pig on June 24, 2013, 01:47:38 AM

As in, they have the whole building? Cool! Don't know anything about them though, will let a local put in their .02.

There were 2 or 3 CAP planes and there was a building with the CAP seal on the door.  The building was about the size of a double wide mobile home.  maybe a lite bigger. But it was an actual building.   Looked like something CAP could occupy.

Grumpy

I'd get out of here in a heart beat if I could get the wife to move.  $3.93 for regular gas and taxes up the yang yang.  Just left Ft Campbell in Tennessee gas was $3.29 a gallon.  Not to mention how green it is back there.

SarDragon

But we would miss your cheery personality out here in Sunny CA!  :'(
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

bosshawk

Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

SarDragon

Well, I can't help it if you're grumpier than Grumpy.  >:D
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Woodsy

Quote from: Flying Pig on June 24, 2013, 12:32:13 AM

It's no secret that Florida Wing is the biggest and the best. 

Charlotte County Composite is a big and active Squadron.  There is a pretty high Ops tempo of the types of missions we can't talk about here in that part of the state.  You won't be bored.

The Florida Wing ops tempo as a whole has been a little slow lately.  We started out the fiscal year with 4 REDCAPS (all downed aircraft, all found, no survivors on any) between November and January, but haven't had one since.

We tend to run 2-3 ELT/EPIRB searches a month, give or take. 

We do quite a bit of aerial imagery missions for the state, and a lot of highbird comms repeater stuff. 

BillB

That highbird repeater stuff must be in south Florida. Haven't heard a peep from my radio in weeks.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Woodsy

Quote from: BillB on June 24, 2013, 07:41:03 PM
That highbird repeater stuff must be in south Florida. Haven't heard a peep from my radio in weeks.

Actually Bill, a lot of it around the NEFL / Blanding area.  It's not a year round mission-  a week or so a few times a year. 

Private Investigator

Quote from: Woodsy on June 24, 2013, 03:13:10 PM
It's no secret that Florida Wing is the biggest and the best. 

I think we ALL knew that in 2004   ::)

Woodsy

2004 was before my time.  Obviously, the wing's greatness is attributable to its members.  So now that I'm here....   8)

PHall

Just remember, FLWG also gave us HWSNBN..... >:D

Flying Pig

I bet that would be really funny if I knew what that meant! ;D

BillB

It refers to Pineda. It started as HEWNWDM  He Whose Name We Don't Mnetion   and morfed from that
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

PHall

Quote from: BillB on June 30, 2013, 10:50:02 AM
It refers to Pineda. It started as HEWNWDM  He Whose Name We Don't Mnetion   and morfed from that

It's also a Happy Potter movie reference which is where those of us who were here on this board at the time seemed to pick it up from.

Private Investigator

Quote from: Flying Pig on June 30, 2013, 03:43:18 AM
I bet that would be really funny if I knew what that meant! ;D

IT IS! Just think South American Dictator with all the regalia that goes with it. Just think how big 39-1 could have been !!!  >:D

Eclipse

Quote from: PHall on June 30, 2013, 02:20:00 PM
Quote from: BillB on June 30, 2013, 10:50:02 AM

It's also a Happy Potter movie reference which is where those of us who were here on this board at the time seemed to pick it up from.

The proper term is "He Who Shall Remain Nameless" - HWSRN, and had nothing to Harry Potter.
It appears it was coined by jimmydeano.

"That Others May Zoom"