Main Menu

Esevices down?

Started by arajca, September 29, 2019, 07:39:18 PM

arajca

I've been trying to get into Eservices all day, and I keep getting "Unable to find server" messages. Anyone else having this problem or know if Eservices is down? www.gocivilairpatrol.com works fine.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

xyzzy

CAP9907

21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0

Stonewall

Logged sorties, approved quals, and inputted tasks in SQTRs off and on all day. No issues.
Serving since 1987.

etodd

Off all day for me as well.  "Server IP not found."   Some kind of strange DNS issues if it works for some and not others.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

SarDragon

Hmmm...  I have tried several times today, starting around 1100 PDT, and have been totally unsuccessful. Go[CAP].com works.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

etodd

For the past few days, the IT folks have been working on a Staging area to test all the new sUAS info going into eServices and WMIRS. But thats a subdomain testing area. Should not be causing any issues for the primary domains(?)

NIN

Seems like DNS is having some issues.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

PHall

Just logged in and accessed my info with no problems.

Eclipse

Quote from: NIN on September 29, 2019, 08:54:17 PM

Ditto - tracerts die about 1/2 way through.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

etodd

7pm Central Time ... still down at my location.  IT folks off on Sunday?

etodd

So if I got a call to go chase an ELT now ... it'll all be telephone verbal flight releases, and we'll figure out sorties in WMIRS later. :)

How often does that happen?

CAP9907

Quote from: etodd on September 30, 2019, 12:25:03 AM
So if I got a call to go chase an ELT now ... it'll all be telephone verbal flight releases, and we'll figure out sorties in WMIRS later. :)

We practice that quite often as it will likely be the case in a real-world DR situation..
21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0

Eclipse

Quote from: etodd on September 30, 2019, 12:25:03 AM

Rare enough as to be statistically zero.

"That Others May Zoom"

Fubar

The "is it down or is it just me" website says eServices is up and responding, but I get a DNS not found error when I try to bring up the page.

chuckmilam

Quote from: NIN on September 29, 2019, 08:54:17 PM

The mantra of the sysadmin:  "It's always DNS, even when 'It's not DNS.'"

NIN

Truer words have not been spoken. However, when you see weird traceroutes, the site appears for some and disappears for others, etc, it's hard not to point at DNS as the likely culprit.

E-services is hosted in the cloud now, which means that it was likely some kind of an odd Azure outage that manifested itself like a DNS failure
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

jeders

Not currently working on my work network and it wasn't working on my home wifi last night; but it works fine on the mobile network.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse