PT Test score card

Started by brasda91, February 26, 2008, 10:26:45 PM

brasda91

I don't know about you guys, but I'm tired of trying to juggle the pt manual, a scratch piece of paper, remembering the cadets age and which category they fall into, so I developed a score card.  We used one similar to this years ago.  This is for achievements 1-3.

As I have time I will make up the next achievement and post it.  Feel free to use it as you please.  If you have a suggestion on how to improve it, please let me know.  I think I added all the information you need.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

MIKE

My unit was using a modded version of these: http://level2.cap.gov/documents/u_030404101546.doc

Changed the order so it jived better when used with SIMS. 

Before you go reinventing the wheel... check out Best Practices
Mike Johnston

brasda91

Quote from: MIKE on February 26, 2008, 10:50:36 PM
My unit was using a modded version of these: http://level2.cap.gov/documents/u_030404101546.doc

This is the one I remember.  I didn't know if anybody still had these around.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

jimmydeanno

We have 1 sheet for each flight that everyone signs in on at the beginning of the meeting.  They write their name, phase and age.  During testing, the C/Flt CC writes their scores down in the columns for each event.

I've always hated paperwork so I think the individual sheets would drive me crazy!  YMMV.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Pingree1492

If you use SIMS, then you can print out a CPFT scoresheet for the date of your test.  The sheet will have the standards pre-filled out for each event according to each cadet's achievement, age and gender, and then a blank space to record their actuals. 

Then all you have to do come the CPFT is record the actual scores, then enter it into the system.  All of the cadets are arranged alphabetically, so it makes it really quick and easy to enter their scores.  Really simple.
On CAP Hiatus- the U.S. Army is kindly letting me play with some of their really cool toys (helicopters) in far off, distant lands  :)

DC

We use the SIMS form at my squadron and it's really great. All you have is one piece of paper with all of the relevent info for each cadet and spaces to record their scores. Very Simple, very effective.

Pylon

Big +1 for the SIMS method.   ;)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

afgeo4

Where can I get SIMS? My squadron's laptop doesn't have it. Is SIMS the access based database?
GEORGE LURYE

SarDragon

Quote from: afgeo4 on February 27, 2008, 05:24:43 AM
Where can I get SIMS? My squadron's laptop doesn't have it. Is SIMS the access based database?

Download here. Yes, Access based.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

brasda91

Quote from: Pingree1492 on February 27, 2008, 12:38:28 AM
If you use SIMS, then you can print out a CPFT scoresheet for the date of your test.  The sheet will have the standards pre-filled out for each event according to each cadet's achievement, age and gender, and then a blank space to record their actuals. 

Then all you have to do come the CPFT is record the actual scores, then enter it into the system.  All of the cadets are arranged alphabetically, so it makes it really quick and easy to enter their scores.  Really simple.

I love you guys.  Wish I had known this earlier!   ;D
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

Michael

Nice.  If it was a whole sheet it would be better in my opinion.
Bill Coons, C/Capt

gistek

You can also create a slightly modified SIMS PT report that you can cut into strips and give each cadet their own copy so they have their goals right in front of them.

ALSO

Did you know that you can create a linked access database that uses the CAPWATCH tables to create queries and reports? This way you don't have to rebuild them every time you update your CAPWATCH. Just make sure you always use the same name and location to save your CAPWATCH updates.

brasda91

after some research, I've found out that the SIMS everyone here is referencing here is not the WMU SIMS.  Is that correct?
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

brasda91

Is there a way to use SIMS without having Microsoft Access?  It's several hundred dollars for the program.  I have downloaded the SIMS program, but my computer won't run the program.  Can anyone offer some help?
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Lancer

Quote from: brasda91 on March 03, 2008, 07:21:32 PM
Is there a way to use SIMS without having Microsoft Access?  It's several hundred dollars for the program.  I have downloaded the SIMS program, but my computer won't run the program.  Can anyone offer some help?

Wade, your squadron laptop should have Microsoft Office 2003 on it, which has Access as a part of it. If not, get with your wing ITO and he/she should be able to help you fix that.

mikeylikey

^ I saw Office 2007 floating in with the new laptop purchases.  Anyone gotten these yet too?  Or could it be something the Wing purchased for the unit (joke).
What's up monkeys?

brasda91

Quote from: Lancer on March 03, 2008, 08:28:08 PM
Quote from: brasda91 on March 03, 2008, 07:21:32 PM

Wade, your squadron laptop should have Microsoft Office 2003 on it, which has Access as a part of it. If not, get with your wing ITO and he/she should be able to help you fix that.

OK, will have to bring it home.  I was hoping to use SIMS on my home computer.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

brasda91

Quote from: MIKE on March 03, 2008, 07:52:34 PM
Needs Access to run.

Yes, I realize that, hence my previous comments regarding the cost of it.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011