Fitness Activities Ideas

Started by JC004, October 31, 2015, 11:23:36 AM

JC004

Looking for fitness activity ideas.

I have a pretty comprehensive (draft) list of activities in general (attached), but we need more physical fitness activities - both for during meetings and for weekend activities.

[attachment deleted by admin]

KelleyF

Hey, I'm new to CAP but maybe try capture the flag? It's something that will let them have fun.

jeders

Capture the flag and ultimate frisbee are always good physical activities because they can be played just about anywhere, with very minimal equipment, and most people already know the basic rules. Tag works well also because everyone has played it in school and it requires nothing other than an open area to run around in.

A good non-cardio activity is group push-ups, I remember doing these as a cadet at my basic encampment. They get cadets working as a team and they help with strength training.

Basically, think back to elementary school PE class and whatever you did that didn't require a bunch of equipment should work well for a decent sized group of people. If you don't have enough cadets to do team sports (CTF, frisbee, tag football, etc.), consider doing cadets vs seniors. We've done that before when playing CTF, even with out of shape seniors who couldn't run and track star cadets we had things fairly evenly matched.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

kirbahashi

For a sports related activity, try 3-ball soccer.  Just as it sounds.  Play it with three balls.  They need to be different colors, but you can play it by categories.  Only Phase I Cadets can score with the red ball.  Only Phase II with the green ball.  And anyone can score with the white ball.  The teams can be broken up into groups to fit needs.  Teams can have all phases.  They play together, but sort of have individual tasks.

It's gets crazy & confusing, but it is a lot of fun!
There's only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk. Which is water that's lying about being milk.