New AFMAN 36-2203

Started by NIN, November 26, 2013, 01:59:16 PM

SARDOC

Couldn't the Civil Air Patrol just adopt the Air Force Instruction by reference and just be done with it.  That way when the Air Force Updates their instruction it automatically updates the CAP regulation?

NIN

don't we already?

I mean, we don't have "CAPM 50-14" or similar (the old rebadged D&C manual).

We do refer to the AFMAN by name/number in pubs

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

JC004

Quote from: TexasCadet on November 26, 2013, 10:01:38 PM
Quote from: a2capt on November 26, 2013, 09:59:23 PM
I can see it w/o signing up/in. :)

*maybe that's because my User Agent is set to respond as GoogleBot on sites I have not signed up for. ;)

What exactly is a "GoogleBot"?

Basically, it's Google's robot that crawls the web (as opposed to your User Agent of whatever web browser you're using).  Websites see GoogleBot and allow it to index sites that require a subscription for people, so their pages appear in Google's search results.  You can spoof yourself as Google to view some such sites.

TexasCadet

Quote from: JC004 on November 28, 2013, 02:34:22 AM
Quote from: TexasCadet on November 26, 2013, 10:01:38 PM
Quote from: a2capt on November 26, 2013, 09:59:23 PM
I can see it w/o signing up/in. :)

*maybe that's because my User Agent is set to respond as GoogleBot on sites I have not signed up for. ;)

What exactly is a "GoogleBot"?

Basically, it's Google's robot that crawls the web (as opposed to your User Agent of whatever web browser you're using).  Websites see GoogleBot and allow it to index sites that require a subscription for people, so their pages appear in Google's search results.  You can spoof yourself as Google to view some such sites.

My inner evil genius is growing...

NIN

Quote from: TexasCadet on November 28, 2013, 04:02:55 PM
My inner evil genius is growing...

Another first on CAPTalk: A thread goes technical instead of uniform.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Luis R. Ramos

Not for long. You turned it into an uniform thread! :P

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

SARDOC

Quote from: NIN on November 28, 2013, 02:14:25 AM
don't we already?

I mean, we don't have "CAPM 50-14" or similar (the old rebadged D&C manual).

We do refer to the AFMAN by name/number in pubs

Sort of in a manner I suppose.  CAPM 50-14 specifically states that it's a document to be used in Grading cadet competitions.

and CAPR 52-14 state that the AFMAN 36-2203 be used to grade cadet promotions.

a2capt

Quote from: TexasCadet on November 28, 2013, 04:02:55 PMMy inner evil genius is growing...
I must say .. for the "web team", you're asking some -interesting- questions.  :D  Hit the Interwebs.. :)

I say in jest.. not to worry..

TexasCadet

The "Web Team" is just a group of cadets who maintain the squadron's website. It is almost complete. A person doesn't have to have a degree in electrical engineering to be on it. However, knowing a little HTML is helpful. (I will add my knowledge of making my web browser look like a Googlebot to my list of "evil genius" stuff, like picking locks... ;) )

abdsp51

Quote from: TexasCadet on November 28, 2013, 11:29:36 PM
The "Web Team" is just a group of cadets who maintain the squadron's website. It is almost complete. A person doesn't have to have a degree in electrical engineering to be on it. However, knowing a little HTML is helpful. (I will add my knowledge of making my web browser look like a Googlebot to my list of "evil genius" stuff, like picking locks... ;) )

Since it is hard to judge tone and intent via written communication like forums at times.  I would not be advertising publicly like lock picking.

TexasCadet

Quote from: abdsp51 on November 29, 2013, 01:44:53 AM
Quote from: TexasCadet on November 28, 2013, 11:29:36 PM

Since it is hard to judge tone and intent via written communication like forums at times.  I would not be advertising publicly like lock picking.

I was kidding. However, I can understand how people may become confused.

For example, which would look like you were angry if you were texting with the average person?

no
No.

Disclaimer: I cannot pick locks, build bombs, hack websites, etc. My post was intended as a joke and should be taken as such.

Luis R. Ramos

You know the story of the guy that saw a friend at the airport and yelled his friend's name in greeting, right?

He was arrested by TSA who did not take kindly as he yelled "Hi Jack!"

:(

Moral of the story: be careful, very careful when you post or say things in public!

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

a2capt

"man, that new computa you got!! It's da bomB!"

{s klaxons going off}