Cadet Welcome Kits MIA

Started by dadunkindude, November 30, 2012, 07:33:26 PM

dadunkindude

Greetings!

I've had several new cadets come into the squadron recently. Some of them have recieved their books closely on the heels of their CAP ID; others still have not recieved them and it's going on a month and a half since they joined. http://www.capmembers.com/cadet_programs/new_cadet_help/new-cadet-kit-and-new-cadet-officer-kit/ states that "If, after 30 days, you have not received your kit please email Doyle Edwards; include the address the package should ship to and a replacement will be sent via FedEx." However, no one has been able to get a response from Mr. Edwards. Has anyone else experienced this issue and/or have a good POC at Nat'l I can resolve this with?
1st Lt, USAF
Squadron Commander, Mountain Home Composite Squadron
Mitchell Award Recipient
2010 USAFA Graduate

krnlpanick

I have cadets that are going on 5 months without receiving theirs. I had planned on following up with NHQ after our meeting next Tuesday when I can get a count of all the cadets who haven't received them yet.
2nd Lt. Christopher A. Schmidt, CAP

a2capt

I would call 'em right now. Call someone. Start with Suzy Parker just because you might get directed to someone who will answer. 

AdAstra

There is no Doyle Edwards listed in the current CAP-USAF Directory. He may have moved on....

kjones@capnhq.gov is the contact currently listed for missing membership kits. Contact him/her.
Charles Wiest

dadunkindude

Quote from: AdAstra on November 30, 2012, 08:45:10 PM
There is no Doyle Edwards listed in the current CAP-USAF Directory. He may have moved on....

kjones@capnhq.gov is the contact currently listed for missing membership kits. Contact him/her.

Thanks AdAstra. Kenneth Jones is the POC. Good customer service and provided quick responses to my e-mails. Apparently, national was a bit backlogged on shipping due to an inventory shortage, but should be caught up on mailing kits out to cadets who joined through the middle of November. If they joined during the month of Oct all packets were shipped approximately 2 weeks ago and shipping takes about two weeks with the USPS. If the cadets joined prior to October, he requests sending him an e-mail with the cadet's CAP ID and they'll fire out another kit via FedEx and give you the tracking number once it ships.
1st Lt, USAF
Squadron Commander, Mountain Home Composite Squadron
Mitchell Award Recipient
2010 USAFA Graduate

krnlpanick

Excellent info - thank you. I will follow up with him after I get the info from all of the cadets.
2nd Lt. Christopher A. Schmidt, CAP