Encampment

Started by inactive123, June 10, 2012, 09:23:23 PM

Eclipse

No, you signed up and agreed to abide by the program as defined by NHQ, not as it is being made up locally, especially like this.

However if your parents won't support you, I don't know that there is much you >can< do.

"That Others May Zoom"

MSG Mac

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on June 11, 2012, 08:12:14 PM
Quote from: MSG Mac on June 11, 2012, 07:13:30 PM
Rhode Island during Spring Break.
Spring break is different for some people...
I knew that, But if the cadet is available during that week, he may be able to go to it. 
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Struts

Quote from: Eclipse on June 11, 2012, 10:59:54 PM
No, you signed up and agreed to abide by the program as defined by NHQ, not as it is being made up locally, especially like this.

However if your parents won't support you, I don't know that there is much you >can< do.
+1 Show your parents 52-16 and show them how it supposed to be done.

inactive123

As regs qoute:
"All units that have cadet members must follow a detailed, systematic plan for introducing prospective cadets to CAP and transforming those young people into cadet airmen within 60 days. Units should match each newcomer with a mentor who accompanies them during meetings, introduces them to the squadron, assists in their orientation and generally makes them feel welcome. The orientation must also include a parents' introduction to CAP. Units that use the Cadet Great Start curriculum and Parents' Guide to CAP satisfy this requirement."
The plan is for 60 days at my squadran, but the plans have been off and unorganized. They expect a cadet to learn all drill in one week( yes, flanks) if they plan on promoting 60 days.
C/MSgt

Struts

Learning drill should be a systematic process where you earn gradually over time instead of it being shoved onto you. What you should know as a basic is how to do your basic facing movements, basic stationary commands, and your columns. You should not need to know flanks within your first meeting. If your squadron even wanted to do this effectively they should be having very well built plans. As has been said before on this forum, "There is no need to reinvent the wheel." Cadet Great Start covers everything and does it in a much more ordered way.

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: Eclipse on June 11, 2012, 10:40:31 PM
It sounds like you and your parents should arm yourselves with knowledge from 52-16, and then go and have a chat with your Wing CC or the IG.

If it is as you characterize it, that's unacceptable, and inappropriately delaying promotions, which in turn is likely impacting retention.

I heard something today that rings true..."Delay is the deadliest form of denial."

As a cadet you have the same right to have your issue addressed as a senior member. Your chain of command is where you should start, Deputy Commander (for Cadets if a Composite Squadron), Squadron Commander, Group Commander (if your wing has groups), Wing Commander.

For a cadet, going above the squadron level can be intimidating. You can also file an IG complaint, see CAPR 123-2 for details. One of the options for the IG is to assist in getting the issue resolved. Not everything needs to be a full blown investigation.

Eclipse

Great Start does not include having to "earn" your uniform...

"That Others May Zoom"