PA Wing Commander Terminated

Started by sparks, March 28, 2009, 11:11:06 PM

DBlair

Quote from: BuckeyeDEJ on July 09, 2009, 05:20:12 PM
If Pennsylvania Wing is still divided into three groups — west, central and east — having two deputy commanders, especially if they go north and south, doesn't make any sense at all. The state is better defined by the three groups (and maybe the greater Philly area separate from any of the three).

I was thinking the same thing. In a state that is mainly East-West, there isn't much logic in structuring it North-South. Also, why even have more than one Vice Commander for a section of the Wing- isn't that pretty much what Group Commanders are for?
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

FW

PAWG is actually divided into 6 geographic groups; 3 in the north and 3 in the south.  The last time there were two vice commanders, it was an "east-west" split.  The way PAWG/politics are handled, the east -west division worked best.  I guess Col Mull was used to a "north-south" split since  he is from New Jersey. 
Not to assume anything however, Col Lee will probably make some changes.

Big_Ed

I kinda like the north south split.  I work in propane distribution and we split up PA into I-80 (north) & PA Turnpike (south) zones.

I think it would be refreshing to not have the "east - west" thing we did in the 80's & 90's

My $.02
Edgar R. Flick, Lt. Colonel, CAP
Emergency Services Training Officer,
Pennsylvania Wing/NERPA001
Member since 1977

BuckeyeDEJ

The problem with putting Philadelphia and Pittsburgh in the same domain is that all the resources will get sucked to Philly. When I worked in Pittsburgh, I remember that elections always hinged on how Philly voted, and that more money was spent over in the eastern side of the state than the western. Pittsburgh might as well be in a different state if you live in Philadelphia.

So the same would likely happen when PHL and PIT -area units are competing for CAP resources under the same commander. And almost everyone in between will get lost (Harrisburg no, but Somerset, Johnstown, York, et al). Let the PHL people share/compete for resources with Scranton, Allentown and other places much closer.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

PHall

Quote from: FW on July 09, 2009, 10:57:36 AM
For those that need "proof".

The reasons for the termination and reinstatement will be posted to the "MARB" page on eservices soon.  All MARB decisions are published for the general membership.

Thank you. There has been more then one occasion when a rumor, with absolutely nothing to back it up, has been posted as being "proof".

Thank you again for the source document.

Turk

Quote from: BuckeyeDEJ on July 09, 2009, 05:20:12 PM
If Pennsylvania Wing is still divided into three groups — west, central and east — having two deputy commanders, especially if they go north and south, doesn't make any sense at all. The state is better defined by the three groups (and maybe the greater Philly area separate from any of the three).

Shoot, I thought PAWG was divided into Greater Philly, Greater Pitt, and Hawk!!!  ;D

"To fly is everything."  Otto Lilienthal