PA Wing Commander Terminated

Started by sparks, March 28, 2009, 11:11:06 PM

gistek

USAF found problems with PAWG's safety documentations and required every member to complete some safety training and develop a better ORM plan. I don't remember offhand how long it took for everyone to complete the training.

flyerthom

Quote from: Bayhawk21 on March 31, 2009, 03:37:12 PM
Quote from: JC004 on March 31, 2009, 03:46:26 AM
When I get to National, we are so going with the purple BDUs

I'm all for that.  I come from the land of purple camo when it's football season.  I already have the pants so I'll just need the blouse. 

None of these people is me:Photo of ravens fans in purple camo

Wow. since when does AARP have frats?

In all due seriousness, maybe we should hold off on the speculation out of respect for Cols Lee and Applebaum?
TC

CAPTShaw

I believe that JC004 should be brought up on charges for impersonating a Colonel in the Civil Air Patrol, I am sure he knows what I am talking about does anyone else?

I think his punishment should be to forever wear a PINK baseball cap, and provide us with a picture with in 12 hours form the time of this post.

I submit as evidence http://www.pawingcap.com/

Case Closed
Capt David Shaw, CAP SQ 606
Founder
Greene County Composite Squadron 606 (12JAN17)

JC004

Blah blah blah.  I gave fair warning that I would be assuming command.  Be quiet and get ready for your new van.  It comes today.  We started to tow the old ones as you can see on the site.

Hookedonlemons

Congratulations Sir!

Will you be moving covertly to the other wings and instituting new vans and pink hats for them aswell?

What about pink shoulder cords?
I believe a matching pink hat/shoulder cord combo would really envelop the CAP spirit!

CAPTShaw

Quote from: JC004 on April 01, 2009, 05:38:08 AM
Blah blah blah.  I gave fair warning that I would be assuming command.  Be quiet and get ready for your new van.  It comes today.  We started to tow the old ones as you can see on the site.

We already have a new one HEHE, it is Brand NEW
Founder

cappawg

So who else is going to leave the staff?

cnitas

Mark A. Piersall, Lt Col, CAP
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

JC004

No more pink hats.  They blew a gasket already.  Blah.  Get your fill from other organizations.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/162367/top_10_april_fools_day_fake_news_items.html

CAPTShaw

You must be a butter bar by now then ahhh

Quote from: JC004 on April 01, 2009, 02:30:59 PM
No more pink hats.  They blew a gasket already.  Blah.  Get your fill from other organizations.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/162367/top_10_april_fools_day_fake_news_items.html
Founder

Gunner C

Well, there you have it.  He was basically reassigned.  The RM does it all the time.  Not everyone can command a wing.  I hope he does well wherever he chooses to serve.  I've seen really good officers hamstrung with staff officers who he couldn't find replacements for.  You'd think that it would be easier than that, but CAP is notorious for being three miles wide and one inch deep.  In the RM there's all sorts of trained talent ready to fill in, in CAP you really have to look hard and long, sometimes to no avail.

Eclipse

The truth is always so much less interesting than the conspiracy theories...

"That Others May Zoom"

flyguy06

Man, you guys are puttin this guys business out in the public for real arent ya'll? Wow, for a volunteer organization some of you all are very cut throat. Can the guy have some dignity and keep it in house among PAWG members? Me bring a GAWG member has no need to know this information,

CAP senior leadership positions are NOT politicalpositions where they are accountable to the people. I used to want to be in the senior leadership, but if folks are going to put my busines out there, wel, CAP doesnt really pay me enough for the public humiliation. So forget it

JC004

I don't know that I would have done it this way unless it was a particularly serious or public offense, but this is what they chose to put out on the interwebs, so I guess it is what it is.

sparks

Becoming a wing commander or even a group commander can and usually does involve some politicking to gain the position. No, the people don't vote so maybe a better word might be "gamesmenship". The concern for how the position change was handled emanates from what happened during Pineda's reign. He removed commanders on a whim, usually when they didn't support his latest idea.  No one wants a return to that style of leadership.

flyguy06

"politics" for a volunteer organization? Thats a new concept for me. I mean maybe I just dont get it. At any rate, isnt it a commanders perogatie to remive subordinate commanders? Does he need some type of approval to do that? I mean as a military commander myself I want subordinates that are going to support me and my ideals.  Someone thatis going to work with me and not always against me. Maybe its different in CAP. i dont know

dwb

Any time you have > 2 people involved in something, there will be politics. Politics is simply the social dynamic of an organization, there's nothing inherently bad about it.

I suspect you're referring to dysfunctional politics, where personal squabbles win out over merit or logical arguments. But that doesn't appear to be going on in this case.

flyguy06

The point is maybe we shouldnt be going around tainting this guys name. Maybe he doesnt want people to know the reason he was relived. Myabe its personal. Would you want somebody to know you failed at your job? I think not. Especially people all over the nation that you dont even know

RRLE

QuoteThe point is maybe we shouldnt be going around tainting this guys name.

RH was using the termination as an alleged example of corruption by the National Commander. In order to clear her name and by implication that of the organization, it may have been necessary to put the truth out on the net. FWIW - RH has not posted or cleared up his allegation.

IceNine

Quote from: flyguy06 on April 02, 2009, 01:04:34 AM
The point is maybe we shouldnt be going around tainting this guys name. Maybe he doesnt want people to know the reason he was relived. Myabe its personal. Would you want somebody to know you failed at your job? I think not. Especially people all over the nation that you dont even know

<WE> didn't taint his name or tell anyone why he was relieved, that was done by the appropriate level of command.

And there is no "tainting" happening here.  There are a few thousand members in PAWG do you really think that press releases are supposed to be private?

These announcements are designed specifically to stop the scuttle that happens in this organization.  It would have been a much worse situation for this gent if members were allowed to continue expressing their hearsay, and opinion about the situation.

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4