PA Wing Commander Terminated

Started by sparks, March 28, 2009, 11:11:06 PM

JohnKachenmeister

Sounds like "Change and Hope" to me!   ;D
Another former CAP officer

BillB

When Colgan takes over NHQ, I'll provide applications for several organizations for those rushing to quit CAP.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

JC004

Quote from: BillB on March 30, 2009, 12:44:36 AM
When Colgan takes over NHQ, I'll provide applications for several organizations for those rushing to quit CAP.

Thank you.  Meanwhile, I will have NHQ run off a mass printing of CAP applications.  Pylon's marketing plans will be very effective, I am confident of that.  First we're going to plug the holes, find what needs to be fixed, leave crap alone that doesn't need to be fixed (read: making more uniforms and changing nameplates, nametapes, and/or adding/removing "U.S." from things).  Then we start on more fun stuff.  w00t!  I'll provide you a list of those likely to want out.  They will probably be saying "you can't fire me! I quit!"

Our most important initiative will be the new purple BDU and 30 varieties of shoulder cords for senior members.  We will add 16 new ribbons and change uniforms at least once per week.  As part of the 10-year strategic plan, we'll worry about missions and things like o-flights or NCSAs in say...9 years?  It'll be fantastic.  Also, we will immediately implement as many confusing regulations as possible.  Make it more complicated, more expensive, and more confusing.  Perfect strategy to retain members. 

In the meantime, the PAWG CoS expects to have some sort of formal notification by tomorrow that we can post on the web.

flyguy06

Why do you need notification? You guys have been on here gossiping about it. Its out there now.

JC004

Quote from: flyguy06 on March 30, 2009, 03:04:29 AM
Why do you need notification? You guys have been on here gossiping about it. Its out there now.

1.  I like to pester them into giving me things to put on the web site.  A couple of times a year, I am successful.

2.  I thought it would be good to let the non-CAPTalk members know who their commander is.

M. Allen Applebaum

To All Concerned,
The PAWG CC, Col. Mark Lee has not been terminated. There has been a change in command of the Wing. Col Dave Mull, NER CV has replaced Mark on a interim basis.
This is my first appearance in this forum and I wanted you to Know what had happened from a source that has knowledge (not guess work of the situation).
I will check this from time to time over the next few weeks if you have concerns about the PAWG. As you proably know I commanded the PAWG twice and NJWG as an interim commander. I have a good solid pulse on the Wing situation.

Very respectfully,

M. Allen Applebaum, Colonel, CAP
Commander Group 800, SEP, PAWG

M. Allen Applebaum

All Concerned,
Wait to see what comes from Lt Col. Walter Vertreace, CAP before you start letting the word spread without knowledge of the facts. Col. Vertreace is a solid CAP citizen and will only share the pertinent accurate facts with the Wing.

Very Respectfully,

M. Allen Applebaum, Colonel, CAP
Commander, Group 800, SEP, PAWG

Big_Ed

Thank you for taking the time to come here and post.

The information vacuum hurts more than helps.

Respectfully
Edgar R. Flick, Lt. Colonel, CAP
Emergency Services Training Officer,
Pennsylvania Wing/NERPA001
Member since 1977

flyguy06

I agree. Why do you all come on this public forum and start rumors before you know al the facts? Personally I am not from PA and I could really care less. Its not my business. But If you all do it about PA, you may do it about GA and that would be my business.

Can we just not start rumors and post things until we have offical word. I hate rumor mills and the internet is such a powerful influential medium.

RiverAux

Hmm, removing a Wing Commander from their position before their term has expired sure sounds like a termination to me. 

CAPTShaw

M. Allen Applebaum did not say removed he said change.  Those are two different meanings.

I guess we will just have to wait for the official statement.

But we can still give ideas to JC004 for while he is the man, LOL.

Quote from: RiverAux on March 30, 2009, 12:35:44 PM
Hmm, removing a Wing Commander from their position before their term has expired sure sounds like a termination to me. 
Capt David Shaw, CAP SQ 606
Founder
Greene County Composite Squadron 606 (12JAN17)

RiverAux

We're just talking semantics -- the point is that he was fired, terminated, forced out, removed or whatever you want to call it and is basically no longer in command of the Wing. 

The only thing that would make a difference was if this was just a temporary thing, such as stepping down for a short time to deal with a health problem.  If that were the case, I would find it odd that they turned command over the regional Vice Commander rather than the Wing Vice Commander.   

ßτε

The problem with using the word terminated is that it implies to many membership termination. When such confusion can occur, one should use more precise terminology.

Gunner C

Relieved is probably the best term here.  But let's wait and see . . . RUMINT kills.

JohnKachenmeister

So... Colgan's out?

Dang!  I was SO hoping he'd design us a new uniform!  >:D
Another former CAP officer

gistek

For all we know it might have been at Col. Lee's request. There may have been a change in his situation that makes it difficult to give PAWG all the work needed.

I salute anyone who knows when he or she has reached their "Peter Principle" point and works to find a way to fill the gap.

"Peter Principle" http://www.answers.com/topic/peter-principle "Theory that people rise in their career in every hierarchy to the level of their own incompetence; based on the book The Peter Principle and Why Things Always Go Wrong by Lawrence J. Peter. Work in organizations is accomplished by those employees who have not yet reached their level of incompetence."

JC004

Quote from: bte on March 30, 2009, 01:35:37 PM
The problem with using the word terminated is that it implies to many membership termination. When such confusion can occur, one should use more precise terminology.

Agree.  My official sources said change and that was it.  Doesn't matter to me...As long as I know what's supposed to go on the web site and the members know who their corporate officer is.  I don't know the reason, don't care either.  I don't have anything against Col Lee and don't much care either way if he comes or goes or what.  He always seemed like a decent kind of guy when I talked to him over the years.  I didn't give any thought to the term before it was brought up, so yes, we should be careful what is used.  It would be unfair if it were for a health reason or something.  According to eServices when I looked to see who the CC is, yes he's a member.  We will see what happens.  I don't care if I never know why...I'm not much into gossip (which is why I only reported what eServices said before I talked to the official folks, and not what was going around by word of mouth).  Fact is he isn't currently Wing CC and nothing has been released at the wing level, only by a couple of the group commanders.  I hope whatever happens, it doesn't create any rifts or mass resignations or anything like that.  I seek change, but couldn't care less who the staff is...I just want them to change their attitudes toward change and adaption.  That's the key to an effective organization.

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on March 30, 2009, 02:30:50 PM
So... Colgan's out?

You'll have them, Kach.  When I get to National, we are so going with the purple BDUs and the shoulder cords.  Shoulder cords ON the BDU even!  It'll be great.  As we well know, mass uniform changes at each and every National Board meeting are essential to our success as an organization.  You'll love my new badge designs too.  They're all done in MS Paint and will look exactly that way when Vanguard produces them and maybe even considers shipping them to the members. 

jpizzo127

Is it true that PA Wing was grounded last year?

We've heard that several times out here, and according to what I was told, it was due to the wing failing the USAF Eval.

As I said, I do not know if this is true. Its what we've heard for about 6 months, maybe longer.
JOSEPH PIZZO, Captain, CAP

davedove

Quote from: JC004 on March 30, 2009, 01:30:11 AM
Our most important initiative will be the new purple BDU and 30 varieties of shoulder cords for senior members. 

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on March 30, 2009, 02:30:50 PM

So I guess that means all the shoulder cords I just bought were wasted money. ??? ;D
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

_

Quote from: JC004 on March 31, 2009, 03:46:26 AM
When I get to National, we are so going with the purple BDUs

I'm all for that.  I come from the land of purple camo when it's football season.  I already have the pants so I'll just need the blouse. 

None of these people is me:Photo of ravens fans in purple camo