Main Menu

Grey Pants

Started by Майор Хаткевич, June 14, 2011, 11:38:31 PM

Майор Хаткевич

Ah yes, the Grey pants debate, or which pants should I get?

Would these work? http://www.target.com/Merona-Polyester-Rayon-Suit-Pant/dp/B002VJBR8W/ref=sc_qi_detaillink

They seem a bit too dark a shade?

jimmydeanno

I would find a tad lighter shade if you are wearing the aviator combo. 

However, if they're for the polo, I think they would look pretty snazzy. 

(I understand that they're supposed to be the same for both, but with the polo there isn't a conflicting shade of grey to really notice)

Just remember the general rule.  Don't get pleats unless you need them (a bit extra in the front), and if you don't have pleats, don't get cuffs.

I found a really comfortable pair that are an exact match to the grey slides at Macy's for about $35.00.  They're awesome, I like them a lot.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

SarDragon

I get mine at Sears. Take your grade slides, and get the closest match. For mail order, try Haband. Sturdy stuff for a decent price, and an almost exact color match. The colors in the online catalog are pretty close to reality if your monitor is properly color corrected.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

arBar

"Medium" gray is pretty subjective. 

SarDragon

The stores kinda help you out with that, since a lot of makers have a medium grey, and there actually pretty close.

YMMV.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

SarDragon

You know, it gets a little frustrating to try and answer questions, when a lot of you can't do anything but offer up reasons why things won't work, instead of going to the freaking store with a grade slide and shopping for some trousers. This ain't rocket surgery.

</rant>

Adapt. Overcome. Improvise.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Майор Хаткевич

I'd love to go with the Slide in hand, but it won't come in until ~3PM today, and I'll be at the store at ~2PM, 30 miles away from the package from VG.

BTW, this is an order placed late on the 14th, shipped on the 15th. :P

Майор Хаткевич

Update:

I got these: http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=401543&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

Unless my memory is completely off, it's as close as I found.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on June 16, 2011, 07:38:01 PM
Update:

I got these: http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=401543&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

Unless my memory is completely off, it's as close as I found.

Heather Gray looks pretty close. The pants look nice too - I own a Haggar jacket that has served me well.

Майор Хаткевич

I didn't have much time, so I found just TWO pairs in that color, one my size. I didn't ask if they had more. I grabbed and went. My Vanguard package arrived at 11:30 today, so once I get home, I'll be setting up my Grey/White combo. Props to VG for getting an order to me in 36 hours.

Dad2-4

I like the Puritan brand, stretch waist slacks from Walmart. Comfortable, durable, inexpensive.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Dad2-4 on June 16, 2011, 10:03:47 PM
I like the Puritan brand, stretch waist slacks from Walmart. Comfortable, durable, inexpensive.

These have a stretch waist as well as I JUST found out. Ah well. works for me.

Майор Хаткевич

I'm not going to lie. White with gray doesn't look all that bad. Just have to make it look good!

Here are the pants with the VG slides:

SarDragon

You're a winner, I'd say. That's about the same match I have.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret