Main Menu

Uniform Suggestions

Started by Major_Chuck, April 24, 2005, 07:12:51 PM

Major_Chuck

This weekend at the MER Conference I sat in on a seminar conducted by Susie Parker of National HQ.  She is the uniform manual guru.  I thought I would pass some info along.

1.  They are aware of a LOT of errors in the photographs in the manual and are in the process of correcting them.

2.  The idea was floated about doing away with pin-on rank for cadets and allowing them to use velcro attached cloth rank.  The idea was expanded upon to allow for seniors to do the same.

3.  Boonie Hats.  National Board okayed.  Air Force did not.  Dead item.  Reasoning was that it was a special purpose hat issued to AF personnel in different theaters of operations.

4.  Uniform manuals will be reissued every five years.  During the interim they may make changes to the individual pages but a total revision won't come until 2010.

5.  As you know the Army and Marines have gone to pixelated BDU's.  National expects the Air Force to do the same sometime soon.  They are not trying to bank on woodland green BDU's being available because of some other circumstances (Isreal, Afghanistan, and Iraq are purchasing surplus uniforms to outfit their armies).  Even if they do become available at some point down the road they won't be as manufacturers quit producing them.  End result, National is planning for the day when we may need to go to a CAP distinctive field uniform to replace the woodland green.  It may be the navy blue outfits we have now, it could be the urban camo, or it may be something not even mentioned.

-Chuck
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

whatevah

Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Schmidty06

1. We all knew that, it's good that they do too.

2. Will the velcro-attached cloth grade be on the collar or on the sleeve?

3. So this means that we can NOT wear them? (ok!  :) )

4. Excellent!

5. Please no urban camo... please no urban camo... please no urban camo... blue would be fine by me, but "apparal camo" is a no-go situation for us.

jimz

Wasnt the USAF playing around with a "camo" pattern that used three different shades of blue?
Jim Ziegler, 2Lt, CAP
Alta Tulare Composite Squadron PCR-CA-394

whatevah

Yeah, they still are. I don't think they've finalized the design, yet.
http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123009117
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Major_Chuck

#2:  Velcro on the collar.  The suggestion was made that all patches and insignia be Velcro'd as well.

I personally like the dark navy blue field uniform.   Commercially it is available and that is a plus for us.

I think a grey field uniform would be acceptable as well.

-CC

Quote from: Schmidty06 on April 25, 2005, 03:49:00 AM
1. We all knew that, it's good that they do too.

2. Will the velcro-attached cloth grade be on the collar or on the sleeve?

3. So this means that we can NOT wear them? (ok!  :) )

4. Excellent!

5. Please no urban camo... please no urban camo... please no urban camo... blue would be fine by me, but "apparal camo" is a no-go situation for us.
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

Schmidty06

Actually, in those pictures the new uniform didn't look half bad.