Main Menu

just joined recently

Started by Thunderbird, October 31, 2014, 08:28:08 PM

Thunderbird

i have approximately 4 years left in cap, i just joined, im an airman basic.

would it be possible to achieve the rank of a captain or higher, or no? wish i had joined sooner, but i had not heard of the program sadly.

also are there ways to promote faster than usual? im up for the challenge if it takes more work, i really want to become a great cadet in this program.

Storm Chaser

The simple answer is 'yes', it's possible to make C/Capt or higher in 4 years. As far as accelerated promotions go, only if you've been in JROTC for at least two years.

usafcap1

Yes. It only takes 18 months to get to C/2Lt give or take. And yes if you were in JROTC you would be eligible for advance promotions meaning you could promote faster.
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

usafcap1

Quote from: Storm Chaser on October 31, 2014, 08:44:57 PM
The simple answer is 'yes', it's possible to make C/Capt or higher in 4 years. As far as accelerated promotions go, only if you've been in JROTC for at least two years.

Dang you beat me to the punch.
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

Private Investigator

Quote from: F22Raptor on October 31, 2014, 08:28:08 PM
i have approximately 4 years left in cap, i just joined, im an airman basic.

Actually you have about a year to decide if you want to renew. Enjoy each week as it comes and have fun. Eventually you might be a 50+ year member. Welcome aboard   8)