Main Menu

FAA Virtual Job Fair

Started by THRAWN, January 08, 2014, 01:21:45 PM

THRAWN

FAA Virtual Career Fair...pass it around. I know there are a lot of people looking for work or to change their careers or looking to get into an aviation career! The FAA is a great place to work!

http://vshow.on24.com/vshow/network/registration/5492
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

SARDOC

I wish the FAA didn't have the age restriction on controllers...otherwise I would totally be there.

THRAWN

It is kind of a drag. But there are other fields that are open, or will be opening soon. If you have a hazmat background, my division is going to be looking for agents soon. Flight Standards will be looking for operations and maintenance inspectors in the near future...

If you're looking for a good career, check USAJOBS.gov for openings. You can set alerts, and notifications for your preferred agency, location, and pay range.

Quote from: SARDOC on January 08, 2014, 07:20:49 PM
I wish the FAA didn't have the age restriction on controllers...otherwise I would totally be there.
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

a2capt

Quote from: SARDOC on January 08, 2014, 07:20:49 PMI wish the FAA didn't have the age restriction on controllers...otherwise I would totally be there.
Absolutely. Late blooming and all, I kinda really figured out the whole deal about a year too late.

SARDOC

Quote from: THRAWN on January 08, 2014, 07:33:05 PM
It is kind of a drag. But there are other fields that are open, or will be opening soon. If you have a hazmat background, my division is going to be looking for agents soon. Flight Standards will be looking for operations and maintenance inspectors in the near future...

If you're looking for a good career, check USAJOBS.gov for openings. You can set alerts, and notifications for your preferred agency, location, and pay range.

Quote from: SARDOC on January 08, 2014, 07:20:49 PM

Thanks for the Tip...I do have some of a public safety HAZMAT background.  I'll keep on the look out

Maverick925

I'm going to the virtual career fair.  I wanna look into becoming an air traffic controller, and I don't have a lot of time before their cutoff age; I'm 28.

Marc

rugger1869

Thanks for posting that. I'm PCSing back from Germany in June. Any idea if the FAA will be looking for any instructors or facilitators? (I'm starting to think I'm in the wrong line of work.)

THRAWN

Not sure off hand. If that's the direction you're leaning, you might want to focus your search in the Oklahoma City area. That's where the Academy is and everybody cycles through there at some point. There are always people retiring or moving into other agancies, so you do have a fair shot of finding an open billet out there.

There are some openings nationwide on USAJOBS within FAA that might fit your experience.

Quote from: rugger1869 on January 24, 2014, 06:51:04 PM
Thanks for posting that. I'm PCSing back from Germany in June. Any idea if the FAA will be looking for any instructors or facilitators? (I'm starting to think I'm in the wrong line of work.)
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023