Username/password reminder to a new email?

Started by kjmillig, August 18, 2009, 08:38:55 AM

kjmillig

How do I go about getting a username/password reminder when my old email account is gone? I re-registered using my new email because my old email account was shut down months ago, which was close to the time I last logged in. But I'd like to just use my old account and change my info because I had my cool signature line and such.
J. K. Milligan, Maj, CAP

MIKE

You should have emailed with your old account details and we would have been able to fix it for you.  Creating additional accounts is a violation of the MCoC.

Edit:  Just realized we don't seem to have a publicly accessible email for account related issues.  ???
Mike Johnston

whatevah

what was your old account username?  I can help you get that account running and close your new one.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

kjmillig

That's just it...I don't remember exactly. I think it was kjmillig or kjmillig1. The system sent an email reminder to my old address which is closed, so I can't access it.
J. K. Milligan, Maj, CAP

whatevah

No other accounts are obviously yours... http://captalk.net/index.php?action=mlist;sort=real_name;start=1160

what's your old email addy?  I could search on that.  Keep in mind that we do delete inactive accounts from time to time. Typically if the person has only a few posts and hasn't logged in for over a year.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

whatevah

actually, I believe I found you... http://captalk.net/index.php?action=profile;u=1269

which account do you want?

QuoteLast Active: November 18, 2008, 11:54:57 PM
Tsk tsk tsk... :)
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

kjmillig

I'd like to keep the old account. I know it's been a while since I logged in, but for Dec. And Jan. I wasn't active in my squadron while making preparations to move overseas. I'm currently out of the country until at least the end of 2010, but want to stay abreast of CAP issues.
Old email was kevinmilligan@windstream.net
J. K. Milligan, Maj, CAP