How to reinstate cadet grade?

Started by GaryVC, January 27, 2017, 06:20:30 PM

GaryVC

We have had a cadet rejoin our unit. He had lapsed for more than 180 days but less then two years. His records are in eServices but it shows his grade as CADET. How do we get his grade (C/MSgt) back? The regulations don't spell it out for a cadet.

MSG Mac

Contact Sherry Jackson at National HQ. 877-227-9142 ext 203
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

lordmonar

You recreate his records to best of your ability and enter the data into E-services. 

Press on.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: MSG Mac on January 27, 2017, 06:40:38 PM

+1 - if the lapse was that short, whatever grade he had should be there.

Is it possible he needs to do something online like ORM or NDA, or Safety or something before they
will come back? 

Assuming he's under 18?

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Shouldn't his records be in eservices...

coudano

Storm Chaser

Quote from: lordmonar on January 27, 2017, 06:46:06 PM
You recreate his records to best of your ability and enter the data into E-services. 

Press on.

Actually, if the CAPID was included with the application, this information usually appears in eServices automatically. That said, contacting NHQ will resolve the issue. No need to try to "recreate his record", as that information is already available.

GaryVC

Actually, as I said in the original post, his records were in eServices. It was only his grade that was wrong. We will try the phone call. He was out more than 180 days but less than 2 years.

Eclipse

Quote from: GaryVC on January 29, 2017, 09:15:08 PM
Actually, as I said in the original post, his records were in eServices. It was only his grade that was wrong. We will try the phone call. He was out more than 180 days but less than 2 years.

This seems strange. Was he being promoted properly using the online modules?

My expectation would have been that all the achievements, and as mentioned, especially WB, would just come back for a cadet of that vintage.

With that said, a memo to the effect to lmmeforms ought to be all that is necessary.

"That Others May Zoom"

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Just had a cadet rejoin in that situation. Reinstatement of grade is not automatic and requires commander approval.

I called NHQ and it was fixed in minutes.

GaryVC

This worked. Thanks.

MSG Mac

Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Offutteer

Quote from: GaryVC on January 31, 2017, 10:42:39 PM

This worked. Thanks.

Sharon Jackson is a ROCK STAR!!!  She really takes care of the cadet records.  (Just wanted to show her correct name)