2008 Winter Hawk

Started by Michael, December 30, 2007, 09:45:29 PM

Michael

I'm planning to attend the 2008 Winter Survival School on Hawk Mt.  I'd like to know if brown/green shirts are required of students as they are for the summer school.

It's still unclear to me as to whether regular backpacks or LBVs are better for Ranger functions.
Bill Coons, C/Capt

mikeylikey

http://www.pawingcap.com/hawk/forms/2008%20winter%20school%20letter%20for%20web.pdf

Undershirts to my understanding should be brown or black.  Not that it matters, you will be buttoned up as it is freezing on that mountain!

Have fun!
What's up monkeys?

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.

Michael

Thanks for the help.  I've come to a conclusion regarding the web gear, and I actually know Maj Brodsky.

Semper Paratus
Bill Coons, C/Capt

JayT

Quote from: 1stsgtboneplayer on December 30, 2007, 09:45:29 PM
I'm planning to attend the 2008 Winter Survival School on Hawk Mt.  I'd like to know if brown/green shirts are required of students as they are for the summer school.

It's still unclear to me as to whether regular backpacks or LBVs are better for Ranger functions.

Green shirts aren't authorized with BDUs, ever.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

mikeylikey

Quote from: JThemann on January 01, 2008, 10:55:30 PM
Quote from: 1stsgtboneplayer on December 30, 2007, 09:45:29 PM

Green shirts aren't authorized with BDUs, ever.

Hawk Mountain and the Rangers (PA and FL) play by a "modified" rule book   >:D
What's up monkeys?

sarmed1

Not even HMRS plays by that rule book......
There are no green shirts.

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

Michael

Thought I read it in the Summer School info packet, but ok.  It doesn't matter to me...I have all black shirts.

Thanks again.

Good to hear from you again Themann.
Bill Coons, C/Capt

Michael

Is there any way to RSVP the Hawk staff besides the provided E-mail address?
Bill Coons, C/Capt

JayT

Quote from: 1stsgtboneplayer on January 02, 2008, 10:07:01 PM
Thought I read it in the Summer School info packet, but ok.  It doesn't matter to me...I have all black shirts.

Thanks again.

Do I know you?
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

MIKE

Mike Johnston

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

Michael

Quote from: JThemann on January 02, 2008, 11:17:40 PM
Quote from: 1stsgtboneplayer on January 02, 2008, 10:07:01 PM

Thanks again.

Do I know you?

If you're the same Themann from Training at the 2006 NYWG Encampment then yes.

Bill Coons, C/Capt

mikeylikey

^ Glad we got that straightened out!   ;D   

I have seen all sorts of colored shirts walking around at Hawk MTN to include Green.  However.....if you show up in brown and they want orange you will be able to buy whatever you need the first day.  They make tons of money selling junk to out of state cadets and officers.  They will also try to brainwash you into buying other useless junk that is either not permitted in your wing, or has no real value to ES ops.  Be prepared for sales pitches 24/7.

Have fun anyway!  It is expected to get real real cold!
What's up monkeys?

Michael

Oh I'll have fun, sir.  I live in upstate NY, so it won't be anything new.  8)
Bill Coons, C/Capt

mikeylikey

^ then I reccomend packing your shorts and t-shirts as it will feel like summer to you there!   ;D

I was in Watertown for a while, very "arctic"! 
What's up monkeys?

Pylon

Quote from: mikeylikey on January 03, 2008, 01:42:34 AM

Watertown, huh?  We got you beat for snowfall just south of there in Syracuse.   8)

Once you Dig out from under 6 to 12ft of snow in one storm shorts and a t-shirt do seem like acceptable winter camping gear.   :D

Coons, don't forget to bring your bathing suit and beach towel to Winter Hawk!  ;)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

mikeylikey

Quote from: Pylon on January 03, 2008, 05:18:34 AM

Watertown, huh?  We got you beat for snowfall just south of there in Syracuse.   8)

Once you Dig out from under 6 to 12ft of snow in one storm shorts and a t-shirt do seem like acceptable winter camping gear.   :D

Coons, don't forget to bring your bathing suit and beach towel to Winter Hawk!  ;)

One of the reasons I moved "south" to PA was to escape winter.  When I had 4 feet of snow fall on my head as I was walking into the movie theatre, I decided I had too much "northern exposure".  (Great TV show BTW)   ;D
What's up monkeys?

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: Pylon on January 03, 2008, 05:18:34 AM

Wasn't too many years ago that I arrived at Winter Hawk to be greeted by one Shawn Stanford, clad in shorts and t-shirt and handing out donuts to s'members  :)
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

Pylon

Quote from: fyrfitrmedic on January 03, 2008, 05:36:14 AM
Wasn't too many years ago that I arrived at Winter Hawk to be greeted by one Shawn Stanford, clad in shorts and t-shirt and handing out donutes to s'members  :)

That one Shawn Stanford is a savory character.  Stay away from him.  ;)  ;D
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

mikeylikey

^ Run away if you have too!
What's up monkeys?

Stonewall

Quote from: Pylon on January 03, 2008, 05:37:07 AM
Quote from: fyrfitrmedic on January 03, 2008, 05:36:14 AM
Wasn't too many years ago that I arrived at Winter Hawk to be greeted by one Shawn Stanford, clad in shorts and t-shirt and handing out donutes to s'members  :)

That one Shawn Stanford is a savory character.  Stay away from him.  ;)  ;D

Love Shawn.  Funny funny man.
Serving since 1987.