Main Menu

Mobile App

Started by USAFgirl, April 23, 2011, 05:38:16 PM

USAFgirl

Hello,
  This is just a suggestion to the owner or moderator of this website...It would be so much easier if there was an app for the smart phone because I would be able to go on it so much more

Thankyou for reading

If you have a reply,
Yahoo IM- wardrop466299
Email-wardrop466299@yahoo.com
//SIGNED//
NIKYLA WARDROP, CAP
FRedericksburg Composite Sq.

Eclipse

By "smartphone" you can only be referring to Android-based devices.

I agree an app would be nice, but most mobile devices have fully-featured browsers which show the full content of CAPTalk.

Interestingly, when I go to Cadetstuff on my Xoom, I get a pop-up about a mobile app tied to the board platform, not the forum itself.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Most forums I visit are "Android Native" or some such. It shows a convenient cell phone version as well as the full web version for most. 

JC004

If we could identify some specific advantages to an actual app, I'd try making one, but for now I think that I should divert my efforts to creating an app in which you can destroy the Triangle Thingy by various methods.  For instance, shooting it, blowing it up, setting it on fire...  Then a real CAP logo comes and replaces it.   >:D   heh heh heh

SABRE17

Quotean app in which you can destroy the Triangle Thingy by various methods.  For instance, shooting it, blowing it up, setting it on fire...  Then a real CAP logo comes and replaces it.   >:D   heh heh heh

you mean angry birds CAP version???

HGjunkie

Quote from: SABRE17 on April 24, 2011, 04:15:13 PM
you mean angry birds CAP version???

No way man, Fruit ninja CAP Version.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

jeders

Quote from: JC004 on April 24, 2011, 08:47:53 AM
If we could identify some specific advantages to an actual app, I'd try making one, but for now I think that I should divert my efforts to creating an app in which you can destroy the Triangle Thingy by various methods.  For instance, shooting it, blowing it up, setting it on fire...  Then a real CAP logo comes and replaces it.   >:D   heh heh heh

Please do.  >:D
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

JC004

Quote from: jeders on April 25, 2011, 02:16:12 PM

Please do.  >:D

Easter egg?  Heck, Google created a whole flight simulator as an Easter egg in Google Earth.

I was thinking of making it like Angry Birds.  Call it Angry Members and have little CAP aircraft that you (safely) catapult at the Triangle Thingy.

National Board members can be sitting in the National Board meeting this year, playing the game on their phones and tablets while they rescind the NEC addition of YET ANOTHER logo based on flawed logic, no research (other than clicking to each armed service's web site), and a lack of standards.  Actually, there is a policy: "do whatever."  That differs greatly from the very specific guidelines used by the armed forces branches that they cite in the NEC agenda.

I've also been working on another idea for a mobile app:
http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=12788.0

commando1

I would totally play that game :clap: :clap: :clap:
After the game ended you could have a mandatory safety test about the possible safety hazards in the game. ;)
Non Timebo Mala

JeffDG

Quote from: commando1 on April 25, 2011, 08:24:32 PM
I would totally play that game :clap: :clap: :clap:
After the game ended you could have a mandatory safety test about the possible safety hazards in the game. ;)
You need your ORM briefing before participating in the activity, not after, silly! >:D

JoeTomasone

You'd absolutely have to have the MSO in there, somewhere.    >:D

MIKE

Mike Johnston