Nevada Wing's NEW emblem

Started by alamrcn, August 22, 2008, 03:44:33 PM

alamrcn

I heard months ago that Nevada Wing had redesigned their emblem and wing shoulder patch which has been in use since 1953. However, I have yet to actually see the design. I've heard it uses the typical USAF shield shape and is AFI 84-105 compliant, which would be a first.

Does anyone here maybe have a picture?

-Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

Eclipse

Quote from: alamrcn on August 22, 2008, 03:44:33 PM...and is AFI 84-105 compliant, which would be a first.

A first for whom?  A lot of units have compliant insignia.

"That Others May Zoom"

DC

Quote from: Eclipse on August 22, 2008, 04:02:03 PM
Quote from: alamrcn on August 22, 2008, 03:44:33 PM...and is AFI 84-105 compliant, which would be a first.

Most wings do not. I cannot think of a single wing off the top of my head who has the proper patch style for a Wing.

O-Rex

Florida is working on one that will be compliant.

RiverAux

Quote from: DC on August 22, 2008, 06:36:23 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on August 22, 2008, 04:02:03 PM

Most wings do not. I cannot think of a single wing off the top of my head who has the proper patch style for a Wing.
As discussed here http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=5530.0 you are correct, but there wasn't much enthusiasm for becoming "compliant" even at the wing level. 

DNall

most wing patches are from the Army Air Corps era, or drawn from heritage wing patches of that era. So, there is not a lot of support for changing them & they're basically grandfathered in. Newer unit patches should be compliant, but it's not required in CAP regs, but a lot of us would like to see it put in.

stratoflyer

I'm still waiting to see if someone would put up a pic.............
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

lordmonar

Here it is!
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

alamrcn

Quote from: lordmonarHere it is!

Woah, PLEASE SELL ME ONE!

Combing the state flag with the original Maj Comm emblem is about as simple of a concpt as you get, and it works pretty well here. The dirrectional ellements are correct, the colors/metals are correct. The "CAP" within the field is questionable, but it is what National did.

So, can you hook a guy up with one or even a couple? I'd be willing to pay a mark-up!

-Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

MIKE

The CAP looks a little weird centered with the offset tri-prop.  Not that it's needed anyway.
Mike Johnston

RiverAux

Seems kind of odd putting two national CAP references on a wing patch, but its way better than what Florida did. 

alamrcn

Quote from: RiverAuxbut its way better than what Florida did. 

Agreed. If ever there was [and there won't be] a standardized design like was TP's vision with the Florida Wing emblem, this would be a good way to go in giving the upper-left corner to the state for their flag, seal, mascot, etc.

-Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

stratoflyer

Very nice.

In all fairness, the current FL wing patch looked better than the red patch with the alligator, especially on Blues uniform.
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

alamrcn

Quote from: stratoflyerespecially on Blues uniform.

ON THE WHAT?!  :D   I know what you meant... It DID look nice, when it WAS on the Blues.

The National Capital Wing patch looked sharp too, although it was often referred to as the "SECURITY GUARD" patch.

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

lordmonar

Quote from: alamrcn on August 22, 2008, 10:11:24 PM
Quote from: lordmonarHere it is!

Woah, PLEASE SELL ME ONE!

Combing the state flag with the original Maj Comm emblem is about as simple of a concpt as you get, and it works pretty well here. The dirrectional ellements are correct, the colors/metals are correct. The "CAP" within the field is questionable, but it is what National did.

So, can you hook a guy up with one or even a couple? I'd be willing to pay a mark-up!

-Ace

PM me.....$3 Free shipping. :)
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

DC

That is a sweet looking patch. It is simple, but discriptive, and it complies with proper heraldry.  :clap:

I really wish FLWG would bring back the old alligator patch, it was before my time, but it has much more 'character' than the current patch. But, I think every wing should be required conform to the proper heraldry, and a regulation governing squadron patch design should be passed requiring all new patches being designed to conform to AF heraldry standards. Non-conformal squadron patches already in use should be allowed to stay, simply because of the cost involved in redesigning and reprinting patches. My squadron alone would probably have to spend over $1,000 to replace decals, signs, printed materials, and actual patches. But, I don't think having 52 patches redone is too big of a hurdle.

LtCol White

LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

BigMojo

Ben Dickmann, Capt, CAP
Emergency Services Officer
Group 6, Florida Wing

MIKE

At least it won't look like [butt] on a zoom bag, which is the only place you'll wear them anyway.  >:D
Mike Johnston

cap235629

unless your wing commander takes the optional out of the bdu wing patch requirement
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé