What do you guys think of this?

Started by krnlpanick, July 17, 2012, 04:36:06 PM

AngelWings

Quote from: krnlpanick on July 18, 2012, 04:11:53 AM
Quote from: AngelWings on July 18, 2012, 03:22:55 AM
Do you still have your paintball gear? While some of shouldn't be used for CAP, a duty belt and drop leg pouch is fine. Especially if it is grey with reflective strips on it :D

Sadly no, I got rid of it some years ago. All my gear was plain black though, not ideal for SAR activities.
Black is actually fine. A quick fix on the issue is to put some reflective tape or glint tape if you are afraid of not being seen. I personally wear a reflective vest and a PT belt across my bag so I am visible.

krnlpanick

I like the idea of removable reflective materials - hence why I refuse to buy a safety orange piece of gear (aside from my vest) -- after all, you never know when you may *not* want to be seen. Good call on the reflective tape, I think I will add some to my assault pack. If nothing else, when I set it down to take a nap I'll be able to quickly spot it again.
2nd Lt. Christopher A. Schmidt, CAP

AngelWings

Quote from: krnlpanick on July 18, 2012, 04:21:25 AM
I like the idea of removable reflective materials - hence why I refuse to buy a safety orange piece of gear (aside from my vest) -- after all, you never know when you may *not* want to be seen. Good call on the reflective tape, I think I will add some to my assault pack. If nothing else, when I set it down to take a nap I'll be able to quickly spot it again.
My one suggestion for packs is to wrap a PT belt around them. It serves dual purposes as a piece of reflective gear and can help hold straps that have loose ends in the back. I've even used the PT belt for a quick fix when one of my buckles broke on MOLLE II assault pack.