Names for Bravo Flight at encampment

Started by SilentPhantom, July 24, 2014, 12:36:50 AM

SilentPhantom

I'm going to be Bravo's flight sergeant at an encampment and would like some input on good flight names. So far the best I've come up with is 'Bravo Bandits',
Thanks!
C/2dLt

jeders

We were Bravo Blitzkrieg at my basic encampment.

There's also Bravo Bombers, Bravo Braavosi, Bravo Beanies, Bravo Bees, Bravo Bellows; the list goes on.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

PA Guy

Why not let the members of the flight decide on a name?

SilentPhantom

Quote from: PA Guy on July 24, 2014, 04:56:56 AM

I'm used to the flight staff choosing for logistical reasons. But I've been thinking about letting the flight choose, my one worry is that with 10+ cadets involved, there will be quite a debate over it. We'll have better things to do like Drill Comp practice, barracks, etc. than argue over a name.
C/2dLt

jeders

Quote from: SilentPhantom on July 24, 2014, 05:22:57 PM

I'm used to the flight staff choosing for logistical reasons. But I've been thinking about letting the flight choose, my one worry is that with 10+ cadets involved, there will be quite a debate over it. We'll have better things to do like Drill Comp practice, barracks, etc. than argue over a name.

When I did my basic encampment, the flight staff contacted everyone by email about a week or two before the encampment. In addition to introducing themselves and answering some minor questions about encampment, they also asked the flight members to come up with a name.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

SilentPhantom

Quote from: jeders on July 24, 2014, 05:33:56 PM

When I did my basic encampment, the flight staff contacted everyone by email about a week or two before the encampment. In addition to introducing themselves and answering some minor questions about encampment, they also asked the flight members to come up with a name.

That's cool. What encampment? I don't even know who's in my flight, I don't even know the Flt Com personally (We're from different wings).
C/2dLt

jeders

Quote from: SilentPhantom on July 24, 2014, 05:39:57 PM

That's cool. What encampment? I don't even know who's in my flight, I don't even know the Flt Com personally (We're from different wings).

That was TXWG...about a decade ago. I'm sure if you asked your encampment chain of command they would be willing to make that information available to you.

SilentPhantom

Quote from: jeders on July 24, 2014, 05:42:02 PM
Quote from: SilentPhantom on July 24, 2014, 05:39:57 PM

That was TXWG...about a decade ago. I'm sure if you asked your encampment chain of command they would be willing to make that information available to you.

Ah, the good old days of encampments haha. A little late now considering that staff training starts in a week lol. I'll keep that in mind for the future though. Thanks for our help!
C/2dLt

jeders

PHall

In CAWG the "students" come up with the flight name. It's a teamwork thing...
They usually have a name by the end on the third day.

lordmonar

Logistical reasons?   You have to ship something to them?   You do have better things to do.....so just go with Bravo Flight and be done with it.  If the Students come up with their own name during the week....even better.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

SilentPhantom

C/2dLt