Can I Promote?

Started by USAFAHopeful, July 23, 2014, 10:37:59 PM

USAFAHopeful

I have completed all requirements for Achievement 2 (C/A1C). I promoted to Airman in June on eServices, but I didn't have my promotion ceremony until July (my squadron has a rule that we can only promote on the first meeting of each month). Am I eligible for promotion in August due to my promotion on eServices in June, or do I have to wait until September to promote? Thanks.
- C/Amn Arkhipov

Eclipse

Promotion eligibility, at least according to the system, is based on the completion date entered by your CC.

Anything beyond that is local custom.

Local custom of being pinned should not delay your ability to test and promote.

"That Others May Zoom"

USAFAHopeful

So should I put my name up for promotion for August or wait until September?

Eclipse

Quote from: USAFAHopeful on July 23, 2014, 11:09:50 PM
So should I put my name up for promotion for August or wait until September?

Again you're speaking of local customs.  "Putting your name up." is not a standard process in most units,
where the majority test either on testing night or at home, etc., and are either pinned "whenever" or
at the next opportunity.

Your real-world eligibility is based on +56 days from the eservices date.  Anything beyond that would need
to be discussed with your commander.

"That Others May Zoom"

USAFAHopeful

We test on testing night or at home, we just don't promote as soon as everything is completed. I am just asking for an opinion: should I do it in August or September?

Eclipse

You don't promote or you don't pin?  There's a difference.

Regardless, if you are eligible, there's no reason to wait.

"That Others May Zoom"

USAFAHopeful

Pin. We pin on the first meeting of each month.

Huey Driver

Go into eServices. Click Member Search. Click the Training tab. Scroll to Cadet Promotions. Take your most recent promotion date (obviously Gen J F Curry in your case), and add 56 days. That's when you're eligible to make C/A1C.
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

Eclipse

Quote from: USAFAHopeful on July 23, 2014, 11:30:19 PM
Pin. We pin on the first meeting of each month.

Understood.  Pinning is not supposed to be connected to promoting, other then in the abstract.

For example, say you were at encampment or otherwise excused from the first meeting, that doesn't
mean you should be delayed by a week or a month, your eligibility is only based on the eServices dates.

See the click-through above, and if that means August for you, put in.

"That Others May Zoom"

USAFAHopeful

I am promoting on eServices in August, so I'll put my name up.    :clap: