Main Menu

Paperless Wing

Started by Eclipse, July 20, 2014, 09:58:47 PM

Eclipse

So I've seen this term used a few times in the last week or so.

I must admit, I have no idea what this is.

Is this a home-grown wing-specific thins, a pilot program, or what?

"Paperless" is certainly something I was working on for my wing, but we had no "system".

"That Others May Zoom"

dwb

Virginia Wing has a members-only web site/application called Paperless Wing, but it's deprecated. I don't know of any other Wings using the term.

Tim Medeiros

A quick Google search found a system in place in SCWG called paperless wing.  Seems to me like it's a wing developed system.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

Eclipse

A quick Google brought up an SCWG login page, and reference to PW on NCWG.

"That Others May Zoom"

dwb

I wonder if those are all offshoots of the same hand-rolled code? They're all MER, so it seems plausible. I'd need to ask someone who has resided in VA longer than I have.

Spaceman3750

IWU is probably the closest we've got. It if it was written in PHP instead of cold fusion I would probably offer to pick up the torch...

AlphaSigOU

Alabama Wing has a system called APATS (Alabama Wing Personnel Action Tracking System) that allows users to initiate and track most personnel and professional development actions.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

TarRiverRat

NC Wing still uses this.
Tar River Composite Squadron "River Rats" NC-057

Devil Doc

Yes, Paperless Wing is a way we track our Missions, and other things. It does track other things like lvl 1, lvl 2, etc. it also tracks some awards.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

Grumpy

People have been talking about going paperless since the mid 80's when I retired from our parent organization.  So far,  I think the closest we have come to it is our on-line promotion and PDO programs.  But it's a start.

Brad

Paperless Wing is basically our Wing version of e-services. It does regular data polls and updates its information to match what is on file in e-services, and allows you to pull 101 cards, or at least the same information. It also offers Wing and Squadron staff breakdowns, and has a repository of Wing documents.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

Rongo

North Carolina has a paperless wing that provides information in a quick and meaningful manner