Main Menu

Drill Screw Ups

Started by chickenjoe, February 24, 2011, 04:46:55 AM

jimmydeanno

Don't forget that there is also the clause in the 36-2203 that says:

QuoteIf a command is improperly given, the individuals execute the movement to the best of their ability.

So if the flight sergeant is new and still hasn't figured everything out yet, it is still the flight's responsibility to stop when he says, "Uh, Squa...Flight, Er...STOP!"

I would assume that the same would apply when some joker decides to change the words during a Pass in Review ("[urinate] IN MY SHOE!", or "SMASH ELEPHANT [Cojones]") that they would still be expected to call "Column of Flights, Right Flight, Column Right, MARCH!" or put their hands down when someone says, "Order, PIZZA."  After all, what other command could the flight sergeant be giving in that situation? 
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

commando1

Quote from: jimmydeanno on March 05, 2011, 04:49:34 PM
or put their hands down when someone says, "Order, PIZZA."  After all, what other command could the flight sergeant be giving in that situation? 
Maybe the cadets should look at their flight sergeant and determine how hungry he is?  >:D
Non Timebo Mala

HGjunkie

Speaking of order pizza...

I did that at the last meeting I went to. One of the cadets actually fell out of flight, walked up to a senior member, and asked the SM to order him some pizza. We all got a good laugh out of that one.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

lordmonar

QuoteIf a command is improperly given, the individuals execute the movement to the best of their ability.

So if the flight sergeant is new and still hasn't figured everything out yet, it is still the flight's responsibility to stop when he says, "Uh, Squa...Flight, Er...STOP!"

I would assume that the same would apply when some joker decides to change the words during a Pass in Review ("[urinate] IN MY SHOE!", or "SMASH ELEPHANT [Cojones]") that they would still be expected to call "Column of Flights, Right Flight, Column Right, MARCH!" or put their hands down when someone says, "Order, PIZZA."  After all, what other command could the flight sergeant be giving in that situation?

One of the reasons why I don't like to play Drill Down by trying to trick the particpants.

It is just as easy to get a bunch of "inspectors" and be really, really, really picky about attention to detail.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

davidsinn

Quote from: lordmonar on March 07, 2011, 08:34:57 PM

One of the reasons why I don't like to play Drill Down by trying to trick the particpants.

It is just as easy to get a bunch of "inspectors" and be really, really, really picky about attention to detail.

According to the rules of the game you aren't supposed to trick them. The idea is to get them to learn it and what better way then extreme attention to detail?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn