How do you refer to your meeting location?

Started by arBar, July 04, 2015, 07:04:33 PM

arBar

Meeting Hall, Meeting Room, Squadron HQ, TOC, "the building" etc.....?  Just curious

lordmonar

"The Squadron" or "The ALS"....we meet at the Airman Leadership School facility on base.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

capmaj

arBar

for some reason, we've always referred to ours as the Squad Bay.  Don't know why, with that being a marine term for barracks, but it stuck.  I've wondered if there is a more appropriate term. 

MacGruff

The Hangar.

The hangar is actually next door to the building we meet in, but we still refer to the whole facility as "the hangar".

???

TarRiverRat

Tar River Composite Squadron "River Rats" NC-057

THRAWN

The squadron...or The Pit where we plotted the defeat of COBRA...
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

BFreemanMA

"Headquarters", "HQ", or "base." Depends on our mood and planetary alignment  ;D
Brian Freeman, Capt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer
Westover Composite Squadron

Гугл переводчик

We refer to ours as "The Squadron Building", or just "The Squadron."
Former C/Maj., CAP
1st Lt., CAP
SrA, USAF                                           

ZigZag911

Toth

We always call it "The Armory", due to the fact that we meet at a National Guard Armory  ;D
SM Toth Mendius, CAP
C/CC RMR-MT-053 (ret.), RMR Ass't Rep NCAC (ret.)
Mitchell #65174, Earhart #17361
GES, ♦ICUT, ♦FLM, GTM3, UDF, SET, MS, MRO, EMT, *GTM2

Chappie

Depends on which building...if I am local and visiting my "home" unit, it's "See that tan building over there with the red tiled roof...." -- not really, it's the Squadron.   On the other hand, the building where my current unit conducts its business and missions is called "NHQ" :)
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

TheSkyHornet

Ours is "base" or "the airport classroom" referring to the building at the local airport where flight training ground school takes place. It's not very formal with us.

The outdoor area and adjacent parking lot where we practice drill and PT is either referred to informally as "outside" or "the flight line." However, I've made it a somewhat non-SOP to call the drill and PT area "the grinder" and the area outside of the hangar the "flight line." The grinder is strictly drill and PT. The flight line is a segregated section by a fenced off area where it's an active airport. We try and have a safety briefing when stepping out to that area before beginning any activity.

Sapper168

Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"