Rejoining CAP as aSM after 4 year recess will I have to retake FEMA courses?

Started by aviator9417, January 18, 2014, 08:37:17 PM

aviator9417

So I left CAP as a cadet for school for 4 years and am rejoining as a SM will I have to retake the FEMA courses for the 101 card?
Assistant Information Technology Officer
Chino Cadet Squadron 20
California Wing, Group 3
sq20.cawgcap.org

Eclipse

No, assuming what you took are the current requirements and that you can substantiate you took them.

If they were in your OPS Quals records 4 years ago, they should still be there when you rejoin.

Otherwise it's just a matter of re-uploading the certs.

"That Others May Zoom"

aviator9417

Quote from: Eclipse on January 18, 2014, 08:49:06 PM
No, assuming what you took are the current requirements and that you can substantiate you took them.

If they were in your OPS Quals records 4 years ago, they should still be there when you rejoin.

Otherwise it's just a matter of re-uploading the certs.

I know squadrons are required to keep records for 5 years.  Will national still have my records?  Also would I need to reprint the certs.  I am joining a different squadron than the one I was at previously.
Assistant Information Technology Officer
Chino Cadet Squadron 20
California Wing, Group 3
sq20.cawgcap.org

Eclipse

eServices and OPS Quals has evolved and grown pretty significantly over the last 4-5 years, so whether
they still have a specific record is questionable.  Your general service records and training should be
there, ES would be a question, and that assumes they were correctly entered to begin with.  If your still wing used
the WMU when you were last active, there might be little to nothing in OPS Quals.

If your former unit followed proper procedures, and those certs and other records were actually on file,
then they should still have them, but not all units do.  Best bet is to just call the current commander and ask.

If you aren't rejoining the same unit, you're going to need to get them somehow anyway.

And yes, you may well need to provide copies of your certs.

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

..and you can put in your SSN on the FEMA site and get back any certificates you've got.

pascocap2002

You can request from FEMA a copy of all courses you took from them. Then you can submit that to CAP to get credit for them.