people on ground team without 101

Started by swya, February 18, 2007, 05:56:40 AM

swya

you're ges inactive when your commander has yet to approve your 116 but you did pass and when i said no 101 i meant they had never taken the 116
c/a1c James Collins- age 13
nellis cadet squadron- nvo69
my myspace is www.myspace.com/swya

DNall

I don't think CCs approve GES. I know when I took it it logged directly to the SQTRs & there's no record of it being approved anywhere. I don't know I'm not a CC.

swya

if cc means cadet commander than no, but the commander has to approve you to be ges active

flyerthom

Some interesting ah challenges there cadet. If this is the NV SAREX I think it is, I was flying as an MO that day and lordmoner was participating on the ground.
If you have evidence to back this up you must report it up your chain of command. If you have only hearsay you may want to remain reserved until you  have proof. Good people have been hurt by bogus charges in the past and you never know who's reading what you write. The best and most honest course is to follow your chain of command.
TC

lordmonar

Okay I'm going to come the SWYA's rescue here.

First off......there has only been one cadet who has NOT been GES qualified ever get on a team...and that was my fault because I did not listen close enough to what he was saying.

Second......in NVWG lately we have been flying a lot of HLS profiles during our SAREX's.  These are mainly photo recon, but we have also been doing route searches and "suspicious activity" searches.   In those missions we put a team down in the target areas with instructions to hide when ever a plane goes by to simulate a terrorist group moving around in day light.

NVWG is in the process of rebuilding its GT capability.  Local (non CAP) politics over the years created a situation where GT fell off the CAP priority list.  And due to this we are in serious need of fully qualified GT members and an integrated plan on using GT in the SAR role.

We have never actually sortied a GT during a SAREX as a Ground Team yet.  We have been on the ground in the "target" mode.  We plan to have enough GT qualified personnel and enough visibility of cadets at the mission base by this summer to fully integrate GTs (with cadets) with the aerial mission.

The issue with the GES inactive....is because the owning commanders are not updating the cadet's Curry in E-Services.  So if you don't have the Curry updated....when you print out your 101 card...it shows "inactive" next to your GES.  This has been noted several times at the SAREX and the IC waived it in the system.

I don't know anything about people sneaking into the SAREX with out sining in.  If that is happening it is not a wide spread thing going on.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

JohnKachenmeister

I figured there had to be an explanation, Pat.  Thinks for providing one.
Another former CAP officer

swya

unfortunately, lordmonar it has happened several times in sarex's before that one.to what flyerthom said i do have verbal evidence but nothing more

flyerthom

It's more of a problem in Southern NV, In the north there's even a Jeep Squadron. Politics with Clark County led to a lessening of importance to ground teams but there were ground team leaders and qualified cadets when we did the actual missions for the Columbia Parts search several years ago. We need to look outside Clark County for our place or begin to utilize our people for inter-agency liaison.
TC

swya

in northern arizona, kingman, lake havasu, bullhead, and yuma there is no ground team at all and they need udf and they have to call in the phoenix ground team which is 5 hours away. We are only 2 hours away from somewhere that could use us. Why cant we go there ???

Becks

Quote from: swya on February 19, 2007, 06:47:26 AM
if cc means cadet commander than no, but the commander has to approve you to be ges active
Just an FYI cadet, CC means commander.  If it were cadet commander it would be referenced as C/CC.

BBATW

swya

Al Sayre

Component Commander

eg. SQ/CC  Squadron Component Commander
      WG/CC Wing Component Commander

etc.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

swya

DNall

What is it 20-1 that has the office symbols in it? You should get familiar with some of those.

swya

thank you sir that is something i shall do soon

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: swya on February 19, 2007, 09:06:47 PM
oh ok now all this stuff makes sense

You're in trouble.  I've been in the military and/or CAP since 1963 and it still don't make sense to me.

JohnKachenmeister

Since it makes sense to you, why do people say "Stand fast?"

I have tried several times to stand slow, or stand fast, and no matter what I do I always end up standing at the same speed, which is usually zero.

swya

DNall

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on February 20, 2007, 12:11:05 AM

I have tried several times to stand slow, or stand fast, and no matter what I do I always end up standing at the same speed, which is usually zero.
;D
I do believe stand fast & hold fast come from nautical terminology, and while I might be mistaken, I believe it started with a command to quickly hold tension on that line (rope).

ZigZag911

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on February 20, 2007, 12:11:05 AM

John, quit pulling the cadet's leg!

By te way, do you ahve a smoke shifter I could borrow??!??