Started by thatonekid, May 18, 2011, 02:48:10 AM

thatonekid

Wich ICS-200 are we suposed to take?
C/MSgt Collins

tsrup

Paramedic
hang-around.

Major Carrales

There are numerous variants of this...sometimes a "plain" FEMA test is not offered, but found in a subset numbering.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

mclarke

The following are the ones we need:

Introduction to Incident Command System, ICS-100
-IS-100.b

ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
-IS-200.b

National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction
-IS-700.a

National Response Framework, An Introduction
-IS-800.b

AS A NOTE:
ICS courses 300 and 400 are in-resident only. You will have to find someone teaching the course. Check local techs, fire and police depts for further information on the 300 and 400 courses. (I am taking my 300 next week and my 400 in june)

MIKE

I have ICS-210 - Initial Incident Commander Training.  I don't need no ICS-300.  :P   
Mike Johnston

Larry Mangum

Quote from: MIKE on May 18, 2011, 03:37:41 AM
I have ICS-210 - Initial Incident Commander Training.  I don't need no ICS-300.  :P   

Only if you are a CGAUX. Go to the FEMA site and the course is not even listed as being available.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

John Bryan

Interesting side note.....I taught an ICS 300 class last month and had a couple CAP cadets taking the class. They were wanting to take ICS 300 so they could be CAP Communication Unit Leaders. I got the class results from the CDP and seems the 2 cadets who were under 18 were not allowed to officially take the course and they were not awarded certificates. They were given letters of attendance from FEMA. Their tests were not even graded and when they turn 18 they will have to take the class again.  I called the CDP and they said there was no official age for the class but the direction they (contractors) were given from FEMA was no minors get credit.

So I just thought I would share that with you all, esp cadets who are thinking of taking ICS 300 or 400.

Eclipse

Quote from: John Bryan on May 18, 2011, 02:43:03 PMSo I just thought I would share that with you all, esp cadets who are thinking of taking ICS 300 or 400.

Good information, but frankly I agree.  If a request to participate came across my desk for a cadet under 18 I would deny it,
and in most cases for any cadet.

No one under 18 is going to be effective in that situation, and is likely to detract from the class for the other professionals attending.
I would further assert that there should not be CUL's under 18, either, or any primary mission base staff.  Adults in a high-stress
situation are not going to be inclined to take direction from an under 18 cadet, especially some of the "special" people we tend to
have involved in Comms.

"That Others May Zoom"

thatonekid

I would like to point out that just because a cadet is a minor, that does not make them a helpless child. Also, cadets need to be able to take these courses because the are required for some Nevsa's. Finally, this discussion about weather cadets should be allowed to be CU L's is irrelevant because I asked about FEMA tests, further I asked about the IS-200 not the ICS-300.
Thank you for answering my question, if you want to continue this debate please take it somewhere else.
C/MSgt Collins

Larry Mangum

In regards to cadet's being CUL's, one of the best I have ever had on a real world mission was a cadet officer. He was the right man for the job and did a better job then most of the senior CUL's could have done and he was still in high school.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

thatonekid

While I appreciate your opinions I need to ask you to please stop debating cadet CUL's on this post.
they are irrelevant to the question.
C/MSgt Collins