Main Menu

New CAPR 60-1

Started by ßτε, March 24, 2011, 05:12:51 PM

ßτε

a2capt

Heh.. just found that, too. They seem to have added a page or two.
QuoteFlight – A flight begins with one engine start, (or the first engine on a multi-engine aircraft) through take-offs and landings, and ends with the final engine stop (except as required on CAPF 5 evaluations and orientation rides). A single flight may include multiple take-offs and landings. A flight is also known as a sortie (or air sortie)
..things like this always make me wonder .."What moment brought that on?".. what was someone trying to tweak that needed that blatant of clarification?

JeffDG

Quote from: a2capt on March 24, 2011, 06:15:49 PM
QuoteFlight – A flight begins with one engine start, (or the first engine on a multi-engine aircraft) through take-offs and landings, and ends with the final engine stop (except as required on CAPF 5 evaluations and orientation rides). A single flight may include multiple take-offs and landings. A flight is also known as a sortie (or air sortie)
..things like this always make me wonder .."What moment brought that on?".. what was someone trying to tweak that needed that blatant of clarification?
Yeah...under the old definition, if you went up for a night-currency flight, you were, per the regulation, to log it as 3 sorties, because it said that a sortie was a landing to a full-stop.

EDIT...oops that definition is in 60-3...1-15 (a)(2) An air sortie is one takeoff to one full stop landing. 

Which one takes precedence now?

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: JeffDG on March 24, 2011, 06:27:37 PM
Yeah...under the old definition, if you went up for a night-currency flight, you were, per the regulation, to log it as 3 sorties, because it said that a sortie was a landing to a full-stop.

EDIT...oops that definition is in 60-3...1-15 (a)(2) An air sortie is one takeoff to one full stop landing. 

Which one takes precedence now?

Yes  ;D ::) :-\

Robborsari

Until something changes I would think its 60-1 for everything but flights released on a 104 and 60-3 for mission sorties.  :(   At least its progress. 
Lt Col Rob Borsari<br  / Wing DO
SER-TN-087

DG

Fewer WMIRS entries.