Board of Review questions

Started by RogueLeader, March 29, 2009, 03:25:53 PM

RogueLeader

I'm going to a part of a Board of Review, and I realized that I have no idea of what to ask, or what to be looking for.

Can anybody assist?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Nathan

Depends on a few things:

1) What is the board for? Promotion? Staff position? Encampment? NCSA selection? 2B?

2) How many people are on the board? This matters only because certain questions are generally asked by certain people. For NCSA's, one person usually asks current events, another will ask history, another will ask leadership, etc.

3) What are you wanting to KNOW about the member being questioned? How much detail are you going to want? Your question(s) need to be formulated to get that answer. Some want to know something specific; others just want to test the member's ability to think under pressure.
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

Eclipse

A board of review is not supposed to be a re-test on material already covered, so be careful of the "gotcha" questions and situations.

In most cases someone sitting for a board has already met the academic, TIG, and in-service requirements for a respective promotion or position, and the questions should be directed at their fitness for the position, including their fundamental understanding of the requirements, scope, and nature of the job, as well as plans they may have to fulfill same, and/or fill in any obvious experience or skill gaps.

"That Others May Zoom"

N Harmon

This was posted in the Senior leader forum on Cadet Stuff, and even though it's from the Boy Scouts, it is useful for our Review Boards as well:

http://www.ncrpao.org/stuff/review_board.pdf

By the way, if you're a senior involved in the Cadet program and you're NOT signed up for the Senior leader forum on Cadet Stuff you're missing out on a goldmine of experience and information.
NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron

caprr275

RogueLeader

For the CCOC, basically a NCSA type.  We have to have the best available cadets.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Pylon

Quote from: RogueLeader on April 01, 2009, 02:10:30 AM
For the CCOC, basically a NCSA type.  We have to have the best available cadets.

Would you like to define CCOC?  Cadet Commander of the Century?

Details tend to help others give appropriate advice.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: Pylon on April 01, 2009, 02:29:54 AM

Ditto - cadet titles are generally written with a "/" and mirroe their senior counterparts.

Commander - C/CC
Cadet Deputy Commander - C/CD

COC is usually reserved for Commandant of cadets, which is a senior position, so what's CCOC?

"That Others May Zoom"

MIKE

Combat Control Orientation Course...  CCTFC would have been much better... Saying this one phonetically makes me cringe.
Mike Johnston

Gunner C

Quote from: MIKE on April 01, 2009, 03:03:56 AM
Combat Control Orientation Course...  CCTFC would have been much better... Saying this one phonetically makes me cringe.
Only if you stutter.  ;D

USADOD

Quote from: Pylon on April 01, 2009, 02:29:54 AM

Cadet Commander of the Century. Nice  :clap:
This should be the title of the National Cadet Commander ;D
Jorvon Brison, SFO, CAP
DCC, Detroit 100th "Red Tails" Composite Squadron
Wright Award  #3495
Mitchell Award #54039
Earhart Award #13385