Registration/Goodie Bag Ideas

Started by CAP277, January 11, 2009, 04:39:38 PM

Hoorah

Well my suggestion is that the registration packet should include a conference t shirt. The goodies bag should include the following free tour of the National Air Force museum. Pens.  List of the when NCSA/encampments are. Drill instruction book. Uniform manuel with updates. Conference Jacket lightweight for cool nights. Thats my idea what should be included.

ThorntonOL

For about 20-30 cadets? That's a bit to much, I can see the t-shirt and maybe the drill manual, but that's too much and to pricey to do.
Former 1st Lt. Oliver L. Thornton
NY-292
Broome Tioga Composite Squadron

M.S.

The most useful thing I ever got at a conference was a drink coupon for the bar.  Maybe not so great for the cadets though.....   :angel:

Timbo

Quote from: M.S. on January 13, 2009, 03:40:42 PM
The most useful thing I ever got at a conference was a drink coupon for the bar.  Maybe not so great for the cadets though.....   :angel:

Sure....a free soda or iced tea!

arajca

Quote from: Timbo on January 13, 2009, 04:35:26 PM
Quote from: M.S. on January 13, 2009, 03:40:42 PM

Sure....a free soda or iced tea!
yea, but do you want to expose a hotel bar to an onslaught of cadets? The barkeep may never recover! ;D

ThorntonOL

Very true, they would be out of soda before the coffee easily. The nice thing about the NY Wing's dinner cruise banquet is that its usually done buffet style so if you want to try different items you can. Unlike when it was at The Treadway in Owego (My old hometown) you only got 1 out of 2-3 choices and i think limited drinks. So a drink coupon wouldn't work for us at night but a coupon or $5 dollar Mcdonald card would probably do nicely. That is during the day.
Former 1st Lt. Oliver L. Thornton
NY-292
Broome Tioga Composite Squadron

SarDragon

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on January 13, 2009, 03:15:09 PM
Well my suggestion is that the registration packet should include a conference t shirt. The goodies bag should include the following free tour of the National Air Force museum. Pens.  List of the when NCSA/encampments are. Drill instruction book. Uniform manuel with updates. Conference Jacket lightweight for cool nights. Thats my idea what should be included.

Remember, that stuff isn't really free. Somebody's got to pay for it. An enterprising event organizer might be able to arrange some donated stuff from various companies as free advertising, but anything that isn't donated gets paid for out of event registration funds.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret