NER COMPETION 2009

Started by Sm_Morgan, December 05, 2008, 04:48:20 PM

Sm_Morgan

my squadron is interested in starting a color guard team for ner group 3 wing competion? Is there a procedure to allow the region to know that we want to compete in 2009?

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Your Wing will send 1 team to the NER Competition. Generally that is either the winner of the Wing Competition or a team assembled by Wing. Like most things CAP, a squadron would not communicate with the region but to their Group (if one) or Wing. In this case the Cadet Programs Officer.

Eclipse

Quote from: Sm_Morgan on December 05, 2008, 04:48:20 PM
my squadron is interested in starting a color guard team for ner group 3 wing completion?

I'm a little confused.

You've potentially got 3 different echelons of competition there, and many wings with active NCC programs have teams compete at each level.

A unit's team will compete with others in that unit's Group to be the Group team, the Group teams compete for the Wing slot, which then competes for the Region slot, and those teams go to NCC. (In a perfect CP world)

Some wings just put together one team and send it to Region, some do "other". You have to find our your wings current process before you can get involved.

"That Others May Zoom"

DC

You generally cannot attend region competions openly, each wing will only send one team to region. If you wish to compete in your wing competition, then I would contact the Wing Director of Cadet Programs and express your interest, and get information.

I would also suggest taking a look at CAPM 52-4, the manual governing National Cadet Competition, and pesumably your wing competition. If not, then your DCP should notify you otherwise.

rebowman

Sm_Morgan

pa wing group 3 we will put together a team to compete in April at the cadet wing conference not sure will we be able to compete if we don't have any nco's?

DC

Quote from: Sm_Morgan on December 08, 2008, 02:15:38 AM
pa wing group 3 we will put together a team to compete in April at the cadet wing conference not sure will we be able to compete if we don't have any nco's?

Typically a Color Guard is made up of two NCOs and two Airmen, however, this is more of a guideline than a requirement, you should be able to compete with all Airmen. There cannot be any officers on a competition Color Guard though.

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: Sm_Morgan on December 05, 2008, 04:48:20 PM
my squadron is interested in starting a color guard team for ner group 3 wing competion? Is there a procedure to allow the region to know that we want to compete in 2009?

Just out of curiosity, of which PAWG Group 3 squadron are you a member?
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

Sm_Morgan

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: Sm_Morgan on December 09, 2008, 01:33:59 PM
Squadron 1007 Landsdowne Pa

I thought 1007 was in East Lansdowne in the borough building? No biggie, it's all 19050 (speaking as a 19050-dweller)  :)

MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

Sm_Morgan

that is exactly where we are located spoken like a person who knows Delaware county. What squadron are you with?

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: Sm_Morgan on December 10, 2008, 02:59:21 AM
that is exactly where we are located spoken like a person who knows Delaware county. What squadron are you with?

Delco born and raised... that and your meeting place is on the old Station 24 from before their current station was built around the corner, if memory serves (I'm with Station 19).

I've been with 1001 since we were at the ANG base at Philly International; I remember when 1007 was meeting at a church on Malin Road in Broomall before the Media Armory days.

Your two nearest neighbors are probably us and 1006 in West Philly.
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA

Sm_Morgan

yes that is correct I went by your squadron before I joined 1007 but the squadron was at encampment I am the administration officer & activities officer (what a combination) but I am looking activities that 1007 & 1001 can come together on for example 2009 I hope both squadron's can do the wreaths across America. Major are you the Commander of 1001.

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: Sm_Morgan on December 10, 2008, 01:05:14 PM
yes that is correct I went by your squadron before I joined 1007 but the squadron was at encampment I am the administration officer & activities officer (what a combination) but I am looking activities that 1007 & 1001 can come together on for example 2009 I hope both squadron's can do the wreaths across America. Major are you the Commander of 1001.

I'm CD/C at 1001; if you're interested in doing Wreaths this weekend we're at the Philadelphia National Cemetery on Saturday. Send me a PM or an email...
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA

MIKE

Mike Johnston