NCOA's

Started by rmellody, November 28, 2008, 02:38:08 AM

rmellody

Which wings hold NCOAs (Non-Commissioned Officer Academy)? I know NJWG and NYWG hold them, any other wings that will be holding them the summer '09

addo1

Quote from: rmellody on November 28, 2008, 02:38:08 AM
Which wings hold NCOAs (Non-Commissioned Officer Academy)? I know NJWG and NYWG hold them, any other wings that will be holding them the summer '09

Texas Wing holds them in the spring and fall. In fact, I am leaving tomorrow for one. :)
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

DC

I believe CAWG has them...

PaulR

They used to incorporate these during the encampments(20 years ago).  This is not done anymore?

Eclipse

Quote from: PaulR on November 30, 2008, 05:05:19 PM
They used to incorporate these during the encampments(20 years ago).  This is not done anymore?

Encampments have very specific curriculum requirements encompassing 40 hours of required training and activities, and for the most part they are geared towards the experience and training of the basic cadets.

I know that some run NCOA's as parallel activities, but its hard to run separate schools when the NCO's you want to have in one class need to be leading the basics somewhere else.  In most states there simply aren't enough cadets attending a respective encampment to allow for taking some out of the staff jobs and into training.

It can be done with really good planning, but that also pre-supposes you have enough cadets interested in participating.

My issue with NCOA's is that there is no actual structured, vetted, approved, curriculum - its whatever the PIC's feel it should be.  Unit CC's can provide whatever training they see fit for their cadets, but when you are going to purport to properly train Cadet NCO's "The Cap Way", on a scale larger than a local unit,  there needs to be more oversight than what a few senior members, or more likely a few hyper-motivated cadets, feels is important.

"That Others May Zoom"