Error Downloading CAPWATCH Data into SIMS

Started by Leslie Herr, November 07, 2008, 01:23:24 AM

Leslie Herr

We've recently starting having a problem with our regular downloads from e-Services CAPWATCH into SIMS (Squadron Information System). When we try to Import/Update member data from CAPWATCH we get a run-time error 3078 "The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the import table  or query 'MbrAchievements'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled properly."

Our squadron computer guru programs MS Access but can't figure out what the problem is. We've successfully downloaded a number of times in the past but not in the last month. We are running SIMS version 5.0 beta 1. I've tried the upgrade feature under Utilities with no luck.

Has anybody else encountered this?

Thanks
Leslie Herr 1Lt
Squadron 1008   NER-PA-080

MIKE

Try upgrading to Beta 4.  IIRC, there have been some changes in how the CAPWATCH data is handled.
Mike Johnston

Leslie Herr

Thanks for the advice. Can you say how to do that? It doesn't seem to come automatically when you choose Repair/Upgrade the current SIMS database.

Thanks for any guidance.

Les

MIKE

Download the 5.0 Beta 4 Front End Upgrade installer for your version of Access from here: http://www.squadroncommand.com/filemgmt/index.php

When you run the installer it will extract the new files to your existing SIMS installation.
Mike Johnston

Pingree1492

I was having the same problem with the SIMS/CAPWATCH interface recently, despite having an up-to-date version. 

I was using Mozilla Firefox to download CAPWATCH, till I noticed in the download pages it says explicitly that "This application works using Microsoft Internet Explorer. It does not work using Mozilla Firefox."  When I switched to IE to download the application, suddenly everything worked, and the two programs were happy with each other again. 

Not being a high-level tech geek, I can't tell you WHY, only suggest as possible source of your error...   good luck!
On CAP Hiatus- the U.S. Army is kindly letting me play with some of their really cool toys (helicopters) in far off, distant lands  :)