Nomex Flight Suit - Hard to find Size

Started by Shotgun, April 21, 2008, 12:45:00 PM

Shotgun

Hey All,

I'm trying to locate a resource or supplier for Nomex Flight Suits.

I've tried all the usual sources, but my problem is that I'm 6" 5' tall.

So while a size 44-Long fits great in the chest, it is a bit snug in the nether regions and too short in the legs.

I'm pretty sure a 44-X Long will do the trick - except they are nowhere to be found!

So - my question to the masses - Do they actually make 44-X Long zoom bags?
If so, can anyone recommend a vendor / supplier / link ?

I do have access to AAFES, but can't seem to find flight suit in their uniform section.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

JohnKachenmeister

Try BDU.com on the internet.  They have a lot of oddball sizes for flight suits, they do not charge extra for those sizes, and the ship fast.  Also, they're cheap.
Another former CAP officer

O-Rex

Ebay.

All sorts of sizes, and great bargains, if you're patient.

CFI_Ed

Quote from: pkloehn on April 21, 2008, 12:45:00 PM
Hey All,

I'm trying to locate a resource or supplier for Nomex Flight Suits.

I've tried all the usual sources, but my problem is that I'm 6" 5' tall.

So while a size 44-Long fits great in the chest, it is a bit snug in the nether regions and too short in the legs.

I'm pretty sure a 44-X Long will do the trick - except they are nowhere to be found!

So - my question to the masses - Do they actually make 44-X Long zoom bags?
If so, can anyone recommend a vendor / supplier / link ?

Gibson and Barnes aka Flight Suits.com http://www.flightsuits.com/uniform_military.html for a custom length might be your only outlet (but pricey - about $260.00).  Another source is Government Sales http://aviationhelmets.com/flightsuits.htm, but all they've got are longs.  I've come across others (like BDU.com) and the same story, only size longs not extra-long.

Ed Angala, Lt Col, CAP
Oklahoma Wing/DO

PHall

Quote from: pkloehn on April 21, 2008, 12:45:00 PM
I do have access to AAFES, but can't seem to find flight suit in their uniform section.

That's because they're "organizational clothing" and are only available from Individual Equipment Issue at Supply.
They have never ever been available through AAFES.

Shotgun

I've tried eBay, BDU.COM, FLIGHTSUIT.com - All to no avail.

We have a member who belongs to the local ANG unit. I guess I'll have to see if he can order/locate one for me.

Being tall normally has it's advantages, but when it comes to aviation it really sucks!

Al Sayre

How are you searching on ebay?  Try searching for "CWU" or "CWU/27P"

Also might want to try a 46L as they get a little longer in the sleeves and legs as the sizes go up.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

IceNine

flightsuits.com

And order custom size... its about 30-50 more but it'll fit.

Order the military "type" uniform
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

♠SARKID♠

QuoteBeing tall normally has it's advantages, but when it comes to aviation it really sucks!

I feel your pain, brother.  Some day they'll invent a plane where the size of the cockpit isn't an afterthought!