Additional Authorization of Uniform Wear

Started by captrncap, March 16, 2008, 05:20:29 PM

captrncap

Can a Unit Commander authorize additional times when wearing a uniform might be appropriate but is not an official CAP activity such as school events (i.e. club day), FAA pilot safety briefings, community events?

CAPM 39-1 does specifically address this (or at least I had trouble finding it.)

RiverAux

If the commander designates it as a CAP activity, yes. There isn't anything formal about how that is done.   Personally, I would want something written (email ok) saying so. 

NIN

"You're never wrong if you wear the uniform your commander specifies."

Thats what I was always taught, and for the most part, it seems to cover the bases.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Wildblueflyer

I checked 39-1 a couple of months ago about the mess dress uniform.  The regs state you can wear the mess dress for functions where a civilian tuxedo is appropriate.  Maybe you could wear mess dress to the FAA safety meeting? :-) ;D

Al Sayre

As a SQ/CC, I have declared the last couple of FAA Safety activities in our area as squadron activities, and encouraged Officers to wear the bag, and cadets to wear BDU's.  It's been a great recruiting tool and I've picked up half a dozen new pilots...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

NIN

Quote from: Wildblueflyer on March 17, 2008, 12:21:53 PM
I checked 39-1 a couple of months ago about the mess dress uniform.  The regs state you can wear the mess dress for functions where a civilian tuxedo is appropriate.  Maybe you could wear mess dress to the FAA safety meeting? :-) ;D

Would you get funny looks wearing a tux to a FAA safety meeting? 

Clearly, not appropriate!  :o

Problem solved! yay me!

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Quote from: NIN on March 17, 2008, 12:57:16 PM
Quote from: Wildblueflyer on March 17, 2008, 12:21:53 PM

Would you get funny looks wearing a tux to a FAA safety meeting? 

Clearly, not appropriate!  :o

Problem solved! yay me!

I have to agree.  I know I've been laughed at wearing a tux to work once. Long story don't ask....

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

jimmydeanno

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on March 17, 2008, 01:04:46 PM
I have to agree.  I know I've been laughed at wearing a tux to work once. Long story don't ask....

Crashed a wedding...didn't make it home?  Spent a night in jail after crashing said wedding and didn't want to be late to work?

EDIT:  BTW, Boston traffic this morning...horrible...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Quote from: jimmydeanno on March 17, 2008, 01:20:25 PM
Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on March 17, 2008, 01:04:46 PM

Crashed a wedding...didn't make it home?  Spent a night in jail after crashing said wedding and didn't want to be late to work?

EDIT:  BTW, Boston traffic this morning...horrible...

Halloween costume at a store I used to work at.  I dressed as the Phantom of the Opear.

Traffic wasn't that bad for me when I came in. 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO